* Bibtex: how to make autohang work?
@ 2010-04-01 16:50 Hubertus
From: Hubertus @ 2010-04-01 16:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello again,
I'm using this setup for my bibliography:
\setuppublications[alternative=apa,
    refcommand=short,
    autohang=yes,
    numbering=short,
    sorttype=bbl,
    criterium=cited]

So the keys are sometimes 7 characters long and thus overwrite the actual
bibliography. That's way I thought I should use "autohang=yes". Yet, there's not
any change. Did I miss anything?

Thanks for advice

Hubertus

* Re: Bibtex: how to make autohang work?
@ 2010-04-02  7:05 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2010-04-02  7:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hubertus wrote:
> Hello again,
> I'm using this setup for my bibliography:
> \setuppublications[alternative=apa,
>     refcommand=short,
>     autohang=yes,
>     numbering=short,
>     sorttype=bbl,
>     criterium=cited]
>
> So the keys are sometimes 7 characters long and thus overwrite the actual
> bibliography. That's way I thought I should use "autohang=yes". Yet, there's not
> any change. Did I miss anything?

autohang mode is (should be) using the 'samplesize' key from
\setuppublicationlist in the bbl data to measure the required width.
If altering that doesn't work, we will need a test file.

Best wishes,
Taco

* Re: Bibtex: how to make autohang work?
@ 2010-04-02 10:13   ` Hubertus
From: Hubertus @ 2010-04-02 10:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear Taco,
> autohang mode is (should be) using the 'samplesize' key from
> \setuppublicationlist in the bbl data to measure the required width.
> If altering that doesn't work, we will need a test file.
Well, RTFM... but still it's not the way it probably should be. This is to be
found in my bbl-file:
  \setuppublicationlist[samplesize={NDVRT{\etalchar{+}}02},totalnumber=224]
but it has no effect what so ever. If I copy:
  \setuppublicationlist[samplesize={NDVRT{\etalchar{+}}02}]
to my tex-file, however, it works. More RTFM?

Here an entry from my bbl-file:

\startpublication[k=N.D.Vieira2002,t=article,
a={{N.~D.~Vieira},{}},y=2002,o={10.1016/S0925-8388(02)00359-6},
n=137,s=NDVRT{\etalchar{+}}02]
\artauthor[]{Jr.}[J.]{}{N.~D.~Vieira}
\artauthor[]{I.~M.}[I.~M.]{}{Ranieria}
\artauthor[]{L.~V.~G.}[L.~V.~G.]{}{Tarelhoa}
\artauthor[]{N.~U.}[N.~U.]{}{Wettera}
\artauthor[]{S.~L.}[S.~L.]{}{Baldochia}
\artauthor[]{L.}[L.]{}{Gomesa}
\artauthor[]{P.~S.~F.}[P.~S.~F.]{de}{Matosa}
\artauthor[]{W.}[W.]{de}{Rossia}
\artauthor[]{G.~E.~C.}[G.~E.~C.]{}{Nogueiraa}
\artauthor[]{L.~C.}[L.~C.]{}{Courrolb}
\artauthor[]{E.~A.}[E.~A.]{}{Barbosab}
\artauthor[]{E.~P.}[E.~P.]{}{Maldonadoc}
\artauthor[]{S.~P.}[S.~P.]{}{Morato}
\pubyear{2002}
\arttitle{Laser development of rare-earth doped crystals}
\journal{Journal of Alloys and Compounds}
\volume{344}
\issue{1-2}
\pages{231-239}
\month{Oct}
\stoppublication

Thanks

@ 2010-04-02 10:17     ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2010-04-02 10:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hubertus wrote:
> Dear Taco,
>> autohang mode is (should be) using the 'samplesize' key from
>> \setuppublicationlist in the bbl data to measure the required width.
>> If altering that doesn't work, we will need a test file.

> Well, RTFM... but still it's not the way it probably should be. This is to be

> found in my bbl-file:
>   \setuppublicationlist[samplesize={NDVRT{\etalchar{+}}02},totalnumber=224]
> but it has no effect what so ever.

That is clearly a bug. Mkiv or mkii?

@ 2010-04-02 13:30       ` Hubertus
From: Hubertus @ 2010-04-02 13:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

> That is clearly a bug. Mkiv or mkii?
I think I use texlive (current debian unstable).
I also think I found the problem :)
I've been using the http://pmrb.free.fr/work/OS/ConTeXt/e-phd.tex + project file
and it seems that there's something wrong with the order of the commands. The
original verion:

\startproduct prd_phd
\project project_phd
\starttext
  \setuppublications[alternative=apa,
      refcommand=short,
      autohang=yes,
      numbering=short,
      sorttype=bbl,
      criterium=all]

  \placepublications[criterium=all]

\stoptext
\stopproduct

This does not work. This, however, works:

\setuppublications[alternative=apa,
    refcommand=short,
    autohang=yes,
    numbering=short,
    sorttype=bbl,
    criterium=all]

\starttext
\startproduct prd_phd
\project project_phd

      \chapter{Bibliography}
      \placepublications[criterium=all]

\stopproduct
\stoptext

So, I don't know if it's a bug or not or if it's the way it should be and was
just an inattention by the one who wrote the original product-file.

Cheers,

@ 2010-04-02 13:51         ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2010-04-02 13:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hubertus wrote:
>> That is clearly a bug. Mkiv or mkii?
> I think I use texlive (current debian unstable).
> I also think I found the problem :)
> I've been using the http://pmrb.free.fr/work/OS/ConTeXt/e-phd.tex + project file
> and it seems that there's something wrong with the order of the commands. The
> original verion:
>
> \startproduct prd_phd
> \project project_phd
> \starttext
>   \setuppublications[alternative=apa,

This is indeed unsafe, \setuppublications should come
before \starttext (or even before \startproduct)

Best wishes,
Taco

* Re: Bibtex: how to make autohang work?
@ 2010-04-02 14:05         ` Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2010-04-02 14:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, Apr 02 2010, Hubertus wrote:

> \startproduct prd_phd
> \project project_phd
> \starttext

Hello,

I don't think, that \startproduct and \starttext are to be used together.
When you have a single document, you put the text between \starttext and
\stoptext and when you have a project-product-component structure, then you
use \startproduct ... \stopproduct.

> So, I don't know if it's a bug or not or if it's the way it should be and was
> just an inattention by the one who wrote the original product-file.

e-phd.tex is an environment file. Since it's about 5 years old, it's
unlikely that it works with current context out of the box.
It's just on the web-site, to show what settings I've used to get the
resulting pdf-file.

Cheers, Peter

--
Contact information: http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/

* Re: Bibtex: how to make autohang work?
@ 2010-04-02 14:51           ` Hubertus
From: Hubertus @ 2010-04-02 14:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear Peter,
> e-phd.tex is an environment file. Since it's about 5 years old, it's
> unlikely that it works with current context out of the box.
> It's just on the web-site, to show what settings I've used to get the
> resulting pdf-file.
I think I got those files from renojrl.lrv.uvsq.fr ages ago.
I've been using it as a draft and have been changing it quite a lot but
got some good ideas from it. There's always to learn something new.

Thanks for the support

Hubertus