Hi again, 1. In sort-lan.lua, line 101 should read «['r'] = "r"», and line 144 «['r'] = 26, -- r». 2. Although I read the disclaimer about said file being “preliminary and incomplete” -- is there some rationale behind the range of integers for each language mapping? The mapping for English goes from 1 to 51, interleaving 2 integers for each letter (which is odd because it should start from index 3 with “a”, shouldn't it?), while the Czech one goes from 1 to 40 without skipping, Finnish and Austrian from 1 to 58. What about mapping them onto a larger but common scale that would alleviate multilingual sorting so that the alphabetical representation of the phoneme /a/ maps to the same value over different languages?† E.g. ["a"] = 3, -- in a Latin mapping, ["α"] = 3, -- in Greek mapping, ["а"] = 3, -- in a Russian mapping. 3. Is it intended that the digraph “ch” resolves (temporarily) to http://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode/char/ff01/index.htm according to line 72? Feel free to state more general opinions on the sorting topic as I am playing with different ways of sorting my bibliography. I will be glad about any advice, Philipp † I know this is impractical for many writing systems and even within the set of Latin or Greek based alphabets it largely depends on a given purpose how much precision you need in sorting. -- () ascii ribbon campaign - against html e-mail /\ www.asciiribbon.org - against proprietary attachments