* Re: \startmakeup
       [not found] <mailman.0.1274522402.28008.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2010-05-22 13:49 ` Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky
From: Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky @ 2010-05-22 13:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi Wolfgang,

 > \startmakeup is the internal command for \startstandardmakeup which is
 > created with \definemakup[standard].

Thank you for making this more clear.

1) \startstandardmakeup is extensively used but not found in the wiki
command reference. Why?

2) What \startstandardmakeup do then? And what is the purpose of
defining custom makeups?

Hope this help me an other ConTeXt users ;)

--
Best Regards,
Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky

* fullpage still not preset in minimals
       [not found] <mailman.0.1274522402.28008.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2010-05-22 13:55 ` Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky
From: Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky @ 2010-05-22 13:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi,

Long time ago I asked about including fullpage module into the standard
ConTeXt distribution. I thought that the answer was positive, but this
module still not present in either beta nor current minimal
distribution. I think it should be a part of standard package because it
makes setting up page layout 10 times easier.

Vyatcheslav

* Re: \startmakeup
@ 2010-05-22 13:57   ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2010-05-22 13:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky wrote:
> Hi Wolfgang,
>
>  > \startmakeup is the internal command for \startstandardmakeup which is
>  > created with \definemakup[standard].
>
> Thank you for making this more clear.
>
> 1) \startstandardmakeup is extensively used but not found in the wiki
> command reference. Why?

Because it is a derived command, and most/all of those are not
in the command reference yet (for example, neither is \startitemize,
which is derived from \defineitemgroup).

> 2) What \startstandardmakeup do then? And what is the purpose of
> defining custom makeups?

 From the source (and I am positive this is also mentioned in the
big manual):

%D A makeup is a separate page, like a title page or colofon.
%D There is one standard makeup page, but you can define more
%D if needed.

As can be seen in

   http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Reference/en/setupmakeup

it is a page type with a special layout / header & footer sections
that last only temporarily. The key point is that such a page
does not (have to) rely on the current page layout style, which
is especially useful for title pages.

Best wishes,
Taco

* Re: fullpage still not preset in minimals
@ 2010-05-22 14:27   ` Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2010-05-22 14:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, May 22 2010, Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky wrote:

> Long time ago I asked about including fullpage module into the standard
> ConTeXt distribution. I thought that the answer was positive, but this
> module still not present in either beta nor current minimal distribution.

It's in the minimals. Just run "./first-setup.sh --extras=all" to get all
third party modules.
Cheers, Peter

--
Contact information: http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/