* two languages hyphenation
       [not found] <mailman.2021.1277449597.4277.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2010-06-25 12:19 ` Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky
From: Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky @ 2010-06-25 12:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello,

I have two languages in my document: English and Russian, and want to
enable hyphenation for both. (By default, only English words are
hyphenated). How to achive this?

Rgrds,
Vyatcheslav

* Re: two languages hyphenation
@ 2010-06-25 12:24   ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2010-06-25 12:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 14:19, Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have two languages in my document: English and Russian, and want to enable
> hyphenation for both. (By default, only English words are hyphenated). How
> to achive this?

\mainlanguage[ru]

\starttext
some russian text {\language[en] and some english ...} some russian
again {\language[en] and again some english}
\stoptext

Since they are written in two different scripts you can theoretically
enable them simultaneously (but I'm not sure if this is supported by
default).

Mojca

* Re: two languages hyphenation
@ 2010-06-25 15:57     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2010-06-25 15:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 25-6-2010 2:24, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 14:19, Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have two languages in my document: English and Russian, and want to enable
>> hyphenation for both. (By default, only English words are hyphenated). How
>> to achive this?
>
> \mainlanguage[ru]
>
> \starttext
> some russian text {\language[en] and some english ...} some russian
> again {\language[en] and again some english}
> \stoptext
>
> Since they are written in two different scripts you can theoretically
> enable them simultaneously (but I'm not sure if this is supported by
> default).

interesting and quite trivial to support ... do you have a test file?

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2010-06-25 16:28       ` Yury G. Kudryashov
From: Yury G. Kudryashov @ 2010-06-25 16:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hans Hagen wrote:

> On 25-6-2010 2:24, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>> Since they are written in two different scripts you can theoretically
>> enable them simultaneously (but I'm not sure if this is supported by
>> default).
>
> interesting and quite trivial to support ... do you have a test file?
I do.

% Just \usetypescript[xits] doesn't work for me (I have xits fonts in
~/.fonts). Probably, it is already fixed in the latest beta.
\starttypescript [math] [xits] [name]
  \definefontsynonym[MathRoman][name:xitsmath]
[features=math\mathsizesuffix]
\stoptypescript

\starttypescript [serif] [xits] [name]
  \definefontsynonym[Serif]          [name:xitsregular]
[features=default]
  \definefontsynonym[SerifBold]      [name:xitsbold]
[features=default]
  \definefontsynonym[SerifItalic]    [name:xitsitalic]
[features=default]
  \definefontsynonym[SerifBoldItalic][name:xitsbolditalic]
[features=default]
\stoptypescript

\starttypescript[xits]
  \definetypeface [xits] [rm] [serif] [xits]   [default]
  \definetypeface [xits] [ss] [sans]  [heros]  [default] [rscale=0.9]
  \definetypeface [xits] [tt] [mono]  [modern] [default] [rscale=1.05]
  \definetypeface [xits] [mm] [math]  [xits]   [default]
\stoptypescript

\setupbodyfont[xits,12pt]

\starttext
% Hyphenated
{\language[ru]
\dorecurse{50}{русский текст }
}
% Not hyphenated
{\language[en]
\dorecurse{50}{русский текст }
}
% Not hyphenated
{\language[ru]
\dorecurse{50}{Multilingual }
}
% Hyphenated
{\language[en]
\dorecurse{50}{Multilingual }
}
\stoptext

* Re: two languages hyphenation
@ 2010-06-25 17:20         ` Khaled Hosny
From: Khaled Hosny @ 2010-06-25 17:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 08:28:26PM +0400, Yury G. Kudryashov wrote:
> Hans Hagen wrote:
>
> > On 25-6-2010 2:24, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> >> Since they are written in two different scripts you can theoretically
> >> enable them simultaneously (but I'm not sure if this is supported by
> >> default).
> >
> > interesting and quite trivial to support ... do you have a test file?
> I do.
>
> % Just \usetypescript[xits] doesn't work for me (I have xits fonts in
> ~/.fonts). Probably, it is already fixed in the latest beta.

xits typescript uses file names, however OS fonts (i.e. those under
~/.fonts) can only be found by file names.

Since file and font names are essentially the same, once normalized, in
case of xits, I suggest that font names are used so it works for both
scenarios (system vs. texmf installation).

(I myself have a self may typescript just for that)

Regards,
 Khaled

--
 Khaled Hosny
 Free font developer

* Re: two languages hyphenation
       [not found] <mailman.2045.1277489811.4277.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2010-06-27 14:17 ` Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky
From: Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky @ 2010-06-27 14:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context, Hans Hagen

Hi Hans,

>> Since they are written in two different scripts you can theoretically
>> enable them simultaneously (but I'm not sure if this is supported by
>> default).
>
> interesting and quite trivial to support ... do you have a test file?

I suspect to use \mainlanguage[en,ua] command, if it's possible

This my test file:

\setupbodyfont[mscore,rm,24pt]
%\mainlanguage[en] %only English hyphens
%\mainlanguage[ua] %only Ukrainian hyphens
\mainlanguage[en,ua]  %%only English hyphens, no Uk

\starttext

\dorecurse{4}{Для мене велика честь бути з вами сьогодні на випускному в
одному з найкращих університетів світу. Зізнаюся, я так і не закінчив
коледж - і ніколи не був ближче до випускного, ніж зараз. І я хочу
розповісти вам три історії зі свого життя. Три історії і все. }

\dorecurse{4}{I am honored to be with you today at your commencement
from one of the finest universities in the world. I never graduated from
college. Truth be told, this is the closest I've ever gotten to a
college graduation. Today I want to tell you three stories from my life.
That's it. No big deal. Just three stories.}

\stoptext

--
Best Regards,
Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky

* Re: two languages hyphenation
       [not found] <mailman.2040.1277469608.4277.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2010-06-25 12:42 ` Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky
From: Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky @ 2010-06-25 12:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 25.06.2010 15:40, ntg-context-request@ntg.nl wrote:
> Since they are written in two different scripts you can theoretically
> enable them simultaneously (but I'm not sure if this is supported by
> default).

Interesting, how?

--
Best Regards,