* title page (& \framed)
@ 2010-06-27  4:28 Alan BRASLAU
From: Alan BRASLAU @ 2010-06-27  4:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

In typesetting a title page,
why in this minimal example is the framed title not centered?

\starttext
\startstandardmakeup [doubleside=no,align=middle]
	\framed
		{Title}
\stopstandardmakeup
\stoptext

If I remove the \framed, the Title then gets centered.

(I suppose that one could always add \startalignment\stopalignment but this is
not the point...)

Alan

* Re: title page (& \framed)
@ 2010-06-27  6:27 ` Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2010-06-27  6:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, Jun 27 2010, Alan BRASLAU wrote:
> In typesetting a title page,
> why in this minimal example is the framed title not centered?
>
> \starttext
> \startstandardmakeup [doubleside=no,align=middle]
> 	\framed
> 		{Title}
> \stopstandardmakeup
> \stoptext

Hello,

You need \dontleavehmode (see also here, question 21:
http://wiki.contextgarden.net/FAQ )

Cheers, Peter

--
Contact information: http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/

* Re: \framed
@ 2010-06-27  7:40   ` Alan BRASLAU
From: Alan BRASLAU @ 2010-06-27  7:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context; +Cc: Peter Münster

On Sunday 27 June 2010 08:27:44 Peter Münster wrote:

> You need \dontleavehmode (see also here, question 21:
> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/FAQ )

Of course. I remembered this afterwords.
We need to explain this more clearly in the documentation
under \framed{} (which contains discussion on vertical spacing)

\dontleavehmode does not appear in the manual.
I will try to correct this...

The Gardien of the Main_Page should add
http://wiki.contextgarden.net/FAQ
(suggestion: just after Mailing Lists)

Alan

* Re: \framed
@ 2009-12-08 11:32 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2009-12-08 11:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
> Hi Hans,
>
> there was a while ago a suggestion to make \framed a horizontal command by adding \dontleavehmode,
> it is clear this is not a good idea to make this the default behavior but can't you add a option
>
>   mode=horizontal|vertical
>
> where 'mode=vertical' is the normal \framed behaviour and 'mode=horizontal' goes perform
> \dontleavehmode to go into horizontal mode.

hm, more keys, less fast (it's a core command), need thinking

> It would be also useful to have a 'direction' key where the setup \framed[direction=RTT]{...} behaves like
>
> \starttext
> \vbox dir RTT{\hsize\textheight\dorecurse{200}{a b c d e f }}
> \stoptext

directionality is somewhat special and needs way more thinking (for
instance not all three values make sense given that we also have a page
model etc)

currently idris and i are experimenting with mixed lr modes and when
we've set up a usable model for that we can look at the other directions

also, luatex > 0.50 will have some dir relates issues redone so i'd
rather not spend too much time on it now

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* \framed