* Return value of context call
@ 2010-07-04 17:39 Marco
From: Marco @ 2010-07-04 17:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi,

when there's a mistake in the context code then the context call
returns »1«. When there's a mistake in the metapost code then the
context call returns »0«.

This is annoying for me, since I use the return value as indicator for
my pdf reader to refresh. This seems like a bug to me. Is there a
workaround?

Best regards
Marco

* Re: Return value of context call
@ 2010-07-05  7:41 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2010-07-05  7:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 07/04/2010 07:39 PM, Marco wrote:
> Hi,
>
> when there's a mistake in the context code then the context call
> returns »1«. When there's a mistake in the metapost code then the
> context call returns »0«.
>
> This is annoying for me, since I use the return value as indicator for
> my pdf reader to refresh. This seems like a bug to me. Is there a
> workaround?

Like this maybe, this converts metapost errors into a series of tex
errors:

\startluacode
function report_mplib_error (...)
     local v = string.format(...)
     tex.sprint(tex.ctxcatcodes,"\\errmessage{")
     tex.sprint(tex.vrbcatcodes,v)
     tex.print(tex.ctxcatcodes,"}")
end

function metapost.reporterror(result)
     if not result then
         report_mplib_error("mp error: no result object returned")
     elseif result.status > 0 then
         local t, e, l = result.term, result.error, result.log
         if t and t ~= "" then
             report_mplib_error("mp terminal: %s",t)
         end
         if e then
             report_mplib_error("mp error: %s",(e=="" and "?") or e)
         end
         if not t and not e and l then
             metapost.lastlog = metapost.lastlog .. "\n" .. l
             report_mplib_error("mp log: %s",l)
         else
             report_mplib_error("mp error: unknown, no error, terminal
or log messages")
         end
     else
         return false
     end
     return true
end

\stopluacode

* Re: Return value of context call
@ 2010-07-05 10:49   ` Marco
From: Marco @ 2010-07-05 10:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

> Like this maybe, this converts metapost errors into a series of tex
> errors:
> [...]
The code works for me. Thank you very much. Can it be added to the core? I
think it's sensible behaviour to return ≠0 when an error occurs. That's what
users would expect.

Kind regards

@ 2010-07-14 12:40   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2010-07-14 12:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 5-7-2010 9:41, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> On 07/04/2010 07:39 PM, Marco wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> when there's a mistake in the context code then the context call
>> returns »1«. When there's a mistake in the metapost code then the
>> context call returns »0«.
>>
>> This is annoying for me, since I use the return value as indicator for
>> my pdf reader to refresh. This seems like a bug to me. Is there a
>> workaround?
>
> Like this maybe, this converts metapost errors into a series of tex
> errors:
>
> \startluacode
> function report_mplib_error (...)
> local v = string.format(...)
> tex.sprint(tex.ctxcatcodes,"\\errmessage{")
> tex.sprint(tex.vrbcatcodes,v)
> tex.print(tex.ctxcatcodes,"}")
> end

i added something like this as option

\enabledirectives[mplib.texerrors]

\startMPcode
     draww fullcircle ;
\stopMPcode

this then can be set in texmfcnf.lua in the directives table

   mplib.texerrors = "yes",

no beta yet

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2010-07-14 14:28     ` Marco
From: Marco @ 2010-07-14 14:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On Wed, 14 Jul 2010 14:40:34 +0200, Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:

> i added something like this as option
>
> \enabledirectives[mplib.texerrors]
>
> \startMPcode
>      draww fullcircle ;
> \stopMPcode
>
> this then can be set in texmfcnf.lua in the directives table
>
>    mplib.texerrors = "yes",
Thanks a lot!!

Marco