* 4th ConTeXt Meeting, update
@ 2010-07-26 13:20 Jano Kula
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Jano Kula @ 2010-07-26 13:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello to everybody!

There are few weeks left till the 4th ConTeXt Meeting on September
13-18, 2010 in Brejlov, Czech Republic.

We have collected interesting talks and tutorials (25+) on ConTeXt,
LuaTeX, Lua, fonts, OpenType math, Metapost and more:
http://meeting.contextgarden.net/2010/abstracts.shtml

We are working on the preliminary programme and other things to make the
meeting unforgettable. The highlights of the accompanying programme are
delicious cuisine, excellent beer and lovely countryside. Many friends
from the ConTeXt list are coming, so we are going to have wonderful time
with many interesting talks -- formal and informal: great source of
encouragement and inspiration.

After the deadline, the registration for the meeting is still open until
we reach the available capacity.

We hope you are having a good time and we are looking forward to meeting
you in Brejlov.

Best regards,

Jano Kula
on behalf of the organizing committee
http://meeting.contextgarden.net/2010/

* Re: 4th ConTeXt Meeting, update
@ 2010-07-27 15:25 ` luigi scarso
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: luigi scarso @ 2010-07-27 15:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 3:20 PM, Jano Kula <jano.kula@tiscali.cz> wrote:

> Hello to everybody!
>
> There are few weeks left till the 4th ConTeXt Meeting on September 13-18, 2010 in Brejlov, Czech Republic.
>
> We have collected interesting talks and tutorials (25+) on ConTeXt, LuaTeX, Lua, fonts, OpenType math, Metapost and more:
> http://meeting.contextgarden.net/2010/abstracts.shtml

Hey, I've just seen that there is  Wolfgang  this year...

The 2^2 Meeting  stands as  candidate to become a milestone .

--
luigi

* Re: 4th ConTeXt Meeting, update
@ 2010-07-28 10:43   ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2010-07-28 10:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 5:25 PM, luigi scarso <luigi.scarso@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey, I've just seen that there is  Wolfgang  this year...
Also Alan...

Plotting data with Metafun/Metapost

"""
... explore alternative solutions including the possibilities to
process numerical data through use of luaTeX.
"""

Hmm ,
it sounds like challenge to me ..

--
luigi

* Re: 4th ConTeXt Meeting, update
@ 2010-07-28 16:32     ` Alan BRASLAU
From: Alan BRASLAU @ 2010-07-28 16:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: luigi scarso; +Cc: ntg-context

On Wednesday 28 July 2010 12:43:42 luigi scarso wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 5:25 PM, luigi scarso <luigi.scarso@gmail.com>
wrote:
> > Hey, I've just seen that there is  Wolfgang  this year...
>
> Also Alan...
>
> Plotting data with Metafun/Metapost
>
> """
> ... explore alternative solutions including the possibilities to
> process numerical data through use of luaTeX.
> """
>
> Hmm ,
> it sounds like challenge to me ..

Indeed, that is the point...

Alan

* Re: 4th ConTeXt Meeting, update
@ 2010-07-28 18:56       ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2010-07-28 18:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alan BRASLAU, ntg-context

On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 6:32 PM, Alan BRASLAU <alan.braslau@cea.fr> wrote:
> Indeed, that is the point...
>
> Alan

Ok, I choose these guns for the moment: Linux 32bit, last minimals.
Give me 3 targets to shot and let me choose what I like.

--
luigi

* Re: 4th ConTeXt Meeting, update
@ 2010-07-28 19:20 ` Henning Hraban Ramm
                     ` (2 more replies)
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2010-07-28 19:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 2010-07-26 um 15:20 schrieb Jano Kula:

> There are few weeks left till the 4th ConTeXt Meeting on September
> 13-18, 2010 in Brejlov, Czech Republic.
> We have collected interesting talks and tutorials (25+) on ConTeXt,
> LuaTeX, Lua, fonts, OpenType math, Metapost and more:
> http://meeting.contextgarden.net/2010/abstracts.shtml
> After the deadline, the registration for the meeting is still open
> until we reach the available capacity.

I'm really tempted to attend!

Would anyone from Switzerland or southern Germany share a car?
(Fastest route for me would be via Stuttgart-Nürnberg, but via Ulm or
München would also be possible.)

Greetlings from Lake Constance!
Hraban
---
http://www.fiee.net/texnique/
http://wiki.contextgarden.net
https://www.cacert.org (I'm an assurer)

* Re: 4th ConTeXt Meeting, update
@ 2010-07-28 21:32   ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2010-07-28 21:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

  Am 28.07.10 21:20, schrieb Henning Hraban Ramm:
> Am 2010-07-26 um 15:20 schrieb Jano Kula:
>
>> There are few weeks left till the 4th ConTeXt Meeting on September
>> 13-18, 2010 in Brejlov, Czech Republic.
>> We have collected interesting talks and tutorials (25+) on ConTeXt,
>> LuaTeX, Lua, fonts, OpenType math, Metapost and more:
>> http://meeting.contextgarden.net/2010/abstracts.shtml
>> After the deadline, the registration for the meeting is still open
>> until we reach the available capacity.
>
> I'm really tempted to attend!
>
> Would anyone from Switzerland or southern Germany share a car?
> (Fastest route for me would be via Stuttgart-Nürnberg, but via Ulm or
> München would also be possible.)
You can travel with me but you have to come to Nuremberg then, the best
would be to contact Ulrik Vieth,
he lives in Stuttgart and has the same route as you.

Wolfgang

* Re: 4th ConTeXt Meeting, update
@ 2010-07-29  0:25 ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2010-07-29  0:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 3:20 PM, Jano Kula <jano.kula@tiscali.cz> wrote:

> http://meeting.contextgarden.net/2010/abstracts.shtml

Arthur Reutenauer, France
Top Secret Surprise
15 to 20 minutes

Rilancio con "Souvenir d'Italie"  (un  µTalk )
(e... si, io non riciclo i regali...)

--
luigi

* Re: 4th ConTeXt Meeting, update
@ 2010-07-29  5:39   ` Alan BRASLAU
From: Alan BRASLAU @ 2010-07-29  5:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Henning Hraban Ramm; +Cc: ntg-context

On Wednesday 28 July 2010 21:20:55 Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:

> Would anyone from Switzerland or southern Germany share a car?
> (Fastest route for me would be via Stuttgart-Nürnberg, but via Ulm or
> München would also be possible.)

Arthur and I will most likely be coming by car from Paris, the route going
through southern Germany.

Alan

* Re: 4th ConTeXt Meeting, update
@ 2010-07-30 11:15   ` Jano Kula
From: Jano Kula @ 2010-07-30 11:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 07/28/2010 09:20 PM, Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:
> Am 2010-07-26 um 15:20 schrieb Jano Kula:
>
>> There are few weeks left till the 4th ConTeXt Meeting on September
>> 13-18, 2010 in Brejlov, Czech Republic.
>> We have collected interesting talks and tutorials (25+) on ConTeXt,
>> LuaTeX, Lua, fonts, OpenType math, Metapost and more:
>> http://meeting.contextgarden.net/2010/abstracts.shtml
>> After the deadline, the registration for the meeting is still open
>> until we reach the available capacity.
>

> I'm really tempted to attend!

"The only way to get rid of temptation is to yield to it."

-- Oscar Wilde

"We regret only journeys, we never made."

-- Jan Zábrana

* Re: 4th ConTeXt Meeting, update
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2010-08-02  9:26 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2010-08-02  9:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi All!

Jano Kula wrote:

> There are few weeks left till the 4th ConTeXt Meeting on September
> 13-18, 2010 in Brejlov, Czech Republic.
>
> We have collected interesting talks and tutorials (25+) on ConTeXt,
> LuaTeX, Lua, fonts, OpenType math, Metapost and more:
> http://meeting.contextgarden.net/2010/abstracts.shtml

Later today, I will send out the preliminary programme to the
people that have already registered. At the moment, we have
35 talks, 9 discussions, 7 workshops and 2 q&a sessions planned
from 15 different speakers.

There will be workshops about:

* installing the latest context (by Mojca/Hans)
* document structure (by Hans)
* Xml processing in mkiv (by Hans)
* Using the letter module (by Wolfgang)
* Lua for beginners (by Taco)
* Lua for font lovers (by Taco)
* Arranging pages and creating a flyer (by Willi)

and more workshops can be added if there are specific requests.

I hope to see you all in Brejlov!

Best wishes,
Taco

* Re: 4th ConTeXt Meeting, update
@ 2010-08-02 14:16   ` Khaled Hosny
From: Khaled Hosny @ 2010-08-02 14:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, Aug 02, 2010 at 11:26:27AM +0200, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> Hi All!
>
> Jano Kula wrote:
> >
> > There are few weeks left till the 4th ConTeXt Meeting on September
> > 13-18, 2010 in Brejlov, Czech Republic.
> >
> > We have collected interesting talks and tutorials (25+) on ConTeXt,
> > LuaTeX, Lua, fonts, OpenType math, Metapost and more:
> > http://meeting.contextgarden.net/2010/abstracts.shtml
>
> Later today, I will send out the preliminary programme to the
> people that have already registered. At the moment, we have
> 35 talks, 9 discussions, 7 workshops and 2 q&a sessions planned
> from 15 different speakers.
>
> There will be workshops about:
>
> * installing the latest context (by Mojca/Hans)
> * document structure (by Hans)
> * Xml processing in mkiv (by Hans)
> * Using the letter module (by Wolfgang)
> * Lua for beginners (by Taco)
> * Lua for font lovers (by Taco)
> * Arranging pages and creating a flyer (by Willi)
>
> and more workshops can be added if there are specific requests.
>
> I hope to see you all in Brejlov!

Any love for people who are unable to make it into the meeting, like
video recordings or something?

Regards,
 Khaled

--
 Khaled Hosny
 Free font developer

* Re: 4th ConTeXt Meeting, update
@ 2010-08-02 15:53     ` Jano Kula
From: Jano Kula @ 2010-08-02 15:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 08/02/2010 04:16 PM, Khaled Hosny wrote:

> Any love for people who are unable to make it into the meeting, like
> video recordings or something?

We will do our best and see the results after the meeting. Sometimes it
is difficult even to get all slides together. But nothing can compensate
for the personal experience, if somebody can make it and is still in doubts.

Jano

@ 2010-08-02 16:38       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2010-08-02 16:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2-8-2010 5:53, Jano Kula wrote:
> On 08/02/2010 04:16 PM, Khaled Hosny wrote:
>
>> Any love for people who are unable to make it into the meeting, like
>> video recordings or something?
>
> We will do our best and see the results after the meeting. Sometimes it
> is difficult even to get all slides together. But nothing can compensate
> for the personal experience, if somebody can make it and is still in
> doubts.

indeed, and those present will get a half-year edge on the all those new
and interesting things to come so the recording will have those beeps
and fuzzed parts of view as soon as secrets show up

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2010-08-02 16:52         ` Alan BRASLAU
From: Alan BRASLAU @ 2010-08-02 16:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context; +Cc: Hans Hagen, Jano Kula

On Monday 02 August 2010 18:38:05 Hans Hagen wrote:
> On 2-8-2010 5:53, Jano Kula wrote:
> > On 08/02/2010 04:16 PM, Khaled Hosny wrote:
> >> Any love for people who are unable to make it into the meeting, like
> >> video recordings or something?
> >
> > We will do our best and see the results after the meeting. Sometimes it
> > is difficult even to get all slides together. But nothing can compensate
> > for the personal experience, if somebody can make it and is still in
> > doubts.
>
> indeed, and those present will get a half-year edge on the all those new
> and interesting things to come so the recording will have those beeps
> and fuzzed parts of view as soon as secrets show up

That is unfair for those *unable* to attend.

Alan

* Re: 4th ConTeXt Meeting, update
@ 2010-08-02 17:04           ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2010-08-02 17:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2-8-2010 6:52, Alan BRASLAU wrote:

> That is unfair for those *unable* to attend.

Hey you *do* attend ... (and you can leak info as no one will check it)

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2010-08-02 17:09             ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2010-08-02 17:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 02.08.2010 um 19:04 schrieb Hans Hagen:

> On 2-8-2010 6:52, Alan BRASLAU wrote:
>
>> That is unfair for those *unable* to attend.
>
> Hey you *do* attend ... (and you can leak info as no one will check it)

I had to sign an NDA before I was allowed to register .... Why may he leak any news? :)

Patrick

* Re: 4th ConTeXt Meeting, update
@ 2010-08-02 17:17               ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2010-08-02 17:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2-8-2010 7:09, Patrick Gundlach wrote:

> Am 02.08.2010 um 19:04 schrieb Hans Hagen:
>
>> On 2-8-2010 6:52, Alan BRASLAU wrote:
>>
>>> That is unfair for those *unable* to attend.
>>
>> Hey you *do* attend ... (and you can leak info as no one will check it)
>
> I had to sign an NDA before I was allowed to register .... Why may he leak any news? :)

We have different rooms with different levels of security and you may
enter them all -)

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2010-08-02 17:34         ` Khaled Hosny
From: Khaled Hosny @ 2010-08-02 17:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, Aug 02, 2010 at 06:38:05PM +0200, Hans Hagen wrote:
> On 2-8-2010 5:53, Jano Kula wrote:
> >On 08/02/2010 04:16 PM, Khaled Hosny wrote:
> >
> >>Any love for people who are unable to make it into the meeting, like
> >>video recordings or something?
> >
> >We will do our best and see the results after the meeting. Sometimes it
> >is difficult even to get all slides together. But nothing can compensate
> >for the personal experience, if somebody can make it and is still in
> >doubts.
>
> indeed, and those present will get a half-year edge on the all those
> new and interesting things to come so the recording will have those
> beeps and fuzzed parts of view as soon as secrets show up

As if I need more teasing.

--
 Khaled Hosny
 Free font developer

* Re: 4th ConTeXt Meeting, update
@ 2010-08-02 18:30             ` Alan BRASLAU
From: Alan BRASLAU @ 2010-08-02 18:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Monday 02 August 2010 19:04:45 Hans Hagen wrote:
> On 2-8-2010 6:52, Alan BRASLAU wrote:
> > That is unfair for those *unable* to attend.
>
> Hey you *do* attend ... (and you can leak info as no one will check it)

But last year I *couldn't* attend.

Alan

* Re: 4th ConTeXt Meeting, update
@ 2010-08-04  7:58         ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2010-08-04  7:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alan BRASLAU, ntg-context

On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 8:56 PM, luigi scarso <luigi.scarso@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 6:32 PM, Alan BRASLAU <alan.braslau@cea.fr> wrote:
>> Indeed, that is the point...
>>
>> Alan
>

> Ok, I choose these guns for the moment: Linux 32bit, last minimals.
> Give me 3 targets to shot and let me choose what I like.
Do I win for abandonment ?

--
luigi