* comments, font catalogue
@ 2010-08-04 12:02 R. Bastian
From: R. Bastian @ 2010-08-04 12:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

1.
is there the same in Context than the Latexian

\begin{comment}
\end{comment}
---------------------------
2.
In the Minimal tree there are many .afm, .tfm and other font files.
Is there a sort of font catalogue (visualization of the fonts) ?

The source of such a catalogue would be a good example for beginners - like me.

--
René Bastian
www.pythoneon.org

* Re: comments, font catalogue
@ 2010-08-04 12:22 ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2010-08-04 12:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 14:02, R. Bastian wrote:

> 2.
> In the Minimal tree there are many .afm, .tfm and other font files.
> Is there a sort of font catalogue (visualization of the fonts) ?

There is a luatex-based web server that shows all the OpenType fonts,
but I'm not sure how to call it and whether it still works. (There are
many more fonts in the TeX Live tree or on CTAN.)

Mojca

* Re: comments, font catalogue
@ 2010-08-04 13:56 ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2010-08-04 13:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 2010-08-04 um 14:02 schrieb R. Bastian:

> Hello,
>
> 1.
> is there the same in Context than the Latexian
>
> \begin{comment}
> \end{comment}

What is that supposed to to?

If you want to comment some larger parts out, you might use

\startmode[comment] % name is random
\stopmode

Greetlings from Lake Constance!
Hraban
---
http://www.fiee.net/texnique/
http://wiki.contextgarden.net
https://www.cacert.org (I'm an assurer)

* Re: comments, font catalogue
@ 2010-08-04 13:57   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2010-08-04 13:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 4-8-2010 2:22, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 14:02, R. Bastian wrote:
>>
>> 2.
>> In the Minimal tree there are many .afm, .tfm and other font files.
>> Is there a sort of font catalogue (visualization of the fonts) ?
>
> There is a luatex-based web server that shows all the OpenType fonts,
> but I'm not sure how to call it and whether it still works. (There are
> many more fonts in the TeX Live tree or on CTAN.)

The server is started with

   mtxrun --script server --auto

and serves

   http://localhost:31415/mtx-server-ctx-startup.lua

however, the fonttest fails because I forgot to adapt the cache path to
the new situation .. i'll upload a fix. The help systems seems to work.

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: comments, font catalogue
@ 2010-08-04 13:58   ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2010-08-04 13:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 9:56 AM, Henning Hraban Ramm <hraban@fiee.net> wrote:

> Am 2010-08-04 um 14:02 schrieb R. Bastian:
>

>  Hello,
>>
>> 1.
>> is there the same in Context than the Latexian
>>
>> \begin{comment}
>> \end{comment}
>>

> What is that supposed to to?
>
> If you want to comment some larger parts out, you might use
>
> \startmode[comment] % name is random
> \stopmode

Or \starthiding .... \stophiding

Aditya

* Re: comments, font catalogue
@ 2010-08-04 14:00     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2010-08-04 14:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 4-8-2010 3:58, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 9:56 AM, Henning Hraban Ramm<hraban@fiee.net>  wrote:
>
>> Am 2010-08-04 um 14:02 schrieb R. Bastian:
>>

>>   Hello,
>>>
>>> 1.
>>> is there the same in Context than the Latexian
>>>
>>> \begin{comment}
>>> \end{comment}
>>>

>> What is that supposed to to?
>>
>> If you want to comment some larger parts out, you might use
>>
>> \startmode[comment] % name is random
>> \stopmode
>>

> Or \starthiding .... \stophiding

ot \startcomment .. \stopcomment (which if all is ok will put them in
the document as comments when interaction is enabled)

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: comments, font catalogue
@ 2010-08-04 14:13       ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2010-08-04 14:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 2010-08-04 um 16:00 schrieb Hans Hagen:

>> Or \starthiding .... \stophiding
>
> ot \startcomment .. \stopcomment (which if all is ok will put them
> in the document as comments when interaction is enabled)

cool, I learn new thing about ConTeXt every day :)

Greetlings, Hraban

* Re: comments, font catalogue
@ 2010-08-04 15:44       ` R. Bastian
From: R. Bastian @ 2010-08-04 15:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On Wed, 04 Aug 2010 16:00:55 +0200
Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> scribit:

> On 4-8-2010 3:58, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
> > On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 9:56 AM, Henning Hraban Ramm<hraban@fiee.net>  wrote:
> >
> >> Am 2010-08-04 um 14:02 schrieb R. Bastian:
> >>

> >>   Hello,

> >> What is that supposed to to?
> >>
> >> If you want to comment some larger parts out, you might use
> >>
> >> \startmode[comment] % name is random
> >> \stopmode
> >>

> > Or \starthiding .... \stophiding
>
> ot \startcomment .. \stopcomment (which if all is ok will put them in
> the document as comments when interaction is enabled)
>
> Hans

With MkII, \startcomment .. \stopcomment issues an error.

Thanks,

>      tel: 038 477 53 69 | voip: 087 875 68 74 | www.pragma-ade.com
>                                               | www.pragma-pod.nl

René Bastian
www.pythoneon.org
www.musiques-rb.org
http://www.soundsurvey.org.uk/

* Re: comments
@ 2010-08-04 15:44     ` R. Bastian
From: R. Bastian @ 2010-08-04 15:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On Wed, 4 Aug 2010 09:58:38 -0400
Aditya Mahajan <adityam@umich.edu> scribit:

> On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 9:56 AM, Henning Hraban Ramm <hraban@fiee.net> wrote:
>
> > Am 2010-08-04 um 14:02 schrieb R. Bastian:
> >

> >  Hello,
> >>
> >> 1.
> >> is there the same in Context than the Latexian
> >>
> >> \begin{comment}
> >> \end{comment}
> >>

> > What is that supposed to to?
> >
> > If you want to comment some larger parts out, you might use
> >
> > \startmode[comment] % name is random
> > \stopmode
> >

> Or \starthiding .... \stophiding
>
> Aditya

With MkII,

\starthiding .... \stophiding

works.

Thanks,

--
René Bastian
www.pythoneon.org

* Re: comments, font catalogue
@ 2010-08-05  9:14     ` Andreas Harder
From: Andreas Harder @ 2010-08-05  9:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 04.08.2010 um 15:57 schrieb Hans Hagen:

> On 4-8-2010 2:22, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>> On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 14:02, R. Bastian wrote:
>>>
>>> 2.
>>> In the Minimal tree there are many .afm, .tfm and other font files.
>>> Is there a sort of font catalogue (visualization of the fonts) ?
>>
>> There is a luatex-based web server that shows all the OpenType fonts,
>> but I'm not sure how to call it and whether it still works. (There are
>> many more fonts in the TeX Live tree or on CTAN.)
>
> The server is started with
>
> mtxrun --script server --auto
>
> and serves
>
> http://localhost:31415/mtx-server-ctx-startup.lua
>
> however, the fonttest fails because I forgot to adapt the cache path to the new situation .. i'll upload a fix.

Hello Hans.

Ist the fix applied yet (beta from 04-Aug-2010 18:52)? For me it ends with:
MTXrun | request from: 127.0.0.1
MTXrun | requested action: /mtx-server-ctx-fonttest.lua?selection=hoeflertextregular
MTXrun | performing action: /mtx-server-ctx-fonttest.lua?selection=hoeflertextregular
MTXrun | requested file '/mtx-server-ctx-fonttest.lua?selection=hoeflertextregular'
MTXrun | handling error 404: Not Found

Greeting
	Andreas