* Wiki: Tables Overview: What table macros are deprecated?
@ 2010-09-01 22:51 Paul Menzel
From: Paul Menzel @ 2010-09-01 22:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Dear ConTeXt folks,

I was reading up about tables and found the overview in the Wiki [1]
with the following remark.

        Not each provides everything you may need, and the older ones
        are deprecated. [1]

Could someone please clarify which macros are deprecated or which are
the recommended or supported/still developed ones. This question is also
asked on the discussion page.

Thanks,

Paul

[1] http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Tables_Overview
[2] http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Talk:Tables_Overview

* Re: Wiki: Tables Overview: What table macros are deprecated?
@ 2010-09-02 16:59 ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2010-09-02 16:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 2010-09-02 um 00:51 schrieb Paul Menzel:

> I was reading up about tables and found the overview in the Wiki [1]
> with the following remark.
>
>        Not each provides everything you may need, and the older ones
>        are deprecated. [1]
>
> Could someone please clarify which macros are deprecated or which are
> the recommended or supported/still developed ones. This question is
> also
> asked on the discussion page.

tabulate and TABLE are recommended. table and tables are deprecated
(but TABLE suports most of table's syntax). linetable is experimental
(don't know if it's supported on MkIV).

Greetlings from Lake Constance!
Hraban
---
http://www.fiee.net/texnique/
http://wiki.contextgarden.net
https://www.cacert.org (I'm an assurer)

[-- Attachment #1.2: smime.p7s --]

* Re: Wiki: Tables Overview: What table macros are deprecated?
@ 2010-09-02 17:12   ` John Culleton
From: John Culleton @ 2010-09-02 17:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thursday 02 September 2010 12:59:35 Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:
> Am 2010-09-02 um 00:51 schrieb Paul Menzel:
> > I was reading up about tables and found the overview in the Wiki
> > [1] with the following remark.
> >
> >        Not each provides everything you may need, and the older
> > ones are deprecated. [1]
> >
> > Could someone please clarify which macros are deprecated or which
> > are the recommended or supported/still developed ones. This
> > question is also
> > asked on the discussion page.
>
> tabulate and TABLE are recommended. table and tables are deprecated
> (but TABLE suports most of table's syntax). linetable is
> experimental (don't know if it's supported on MkIV).
>

> Greetlings from Lake Constance!

I use the table macros that come with TeXsis instead.
--
John Culleton
Wexford Press