* Context to MP
@ 2010-09-23  7:40 Procházka Lukáš
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Procházka Lukáš @ 2010-09-23  7:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ConTeXt

Hello,

I'd like to ask -

- where could I find a list of variables which (Con)TeX(t) defines to MetaPost scope?

When I browsed the Hans' presentations, I encountered "PaperWidth", "PaperHeight", "Page" etc. (see e.g. "s-pre-22.tex"). I didn't find them mentioned/explained in any manual (especially: in "mpman.pdf", tab. 5 on pg. 71, there is a list of MP internal variables).

So where I could find them with a short description?

Lukas

* Re: Context to MP
@ 2010-09-23  7:50 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2010-09-23  7:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 23.09.2010 um 09:40 schrieb Procházka Lukáš:

> Hello,
>
> I'd like to ask -
>
> - where could I find a list of variables which (Con)TeX(t) defines to MetaPost scope?
>
> When I browsed the Hans' presentations, I encountered "PaperWidth", "PaperHeight", "Page" etc. (see e.g. "s-pre-22.tex"). I didn't find them mentioned/explained in any manual (especially: in "mpman.pdf", tab. 5 on pg. 71, there is a list of MP internal variables).
>
> So where I could find them with a short description?

You can find them in the metafun manual: http://pragma-ade.com/show-man-7.htm

Wolfgang

* Re: Context to MP
@ 2010-09-23  7:57 ` Jaroslav Hajtmar
From: Jaroslav Hajtmar @ 2010-09-23  7:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello,
I do not know whether I have correctly understood the question, but what
you write nothing to do with MP. Values paperwidth, paperheight etc ...
ConTeXt determining the value of paper size (as well as the pagewidth,
paperheight, etc stored values of height and všířce pages) and can be
transmitted to MP.
Look for things related to page layout.

Jarda

Dne 23.9.2010 9:40, Procházka Lukáš napsal(a):
> Hello,
>
> I'd like to ask -
>
> - where could I find a list of variables which (Con)TeX(t) defines to
> MetaPost scope?
>
> When I browsed the Hans' presentations, I encountered "PaperWidth",
> "PaperHeight", "Page" etc. (see e.g. "s-pre-22.tex"). I didn't find
> them mentioned/explained in any manual (especially: in "mpman.pdf",
> tab. 5 on pg. 71, there is a list of MP internal variables).
>
> So where I could find them with a short description?
>
> Lukas

* Re: Context to MP
@ 2010-09-23  8:13 ` Alan BRASLAU
From: Alan BRASLAU @ 2010-09-23  8:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Procházka Lukáš; +Cc: ntg-context

On Thursday 23 September 2010 09:40:36 Procházka Lukáš wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'd like to ask -
>
> - where could I find a list of variables which (Con)TeX(t) defines to
> MetaPost scope?
>
> When I browsed the Hans' presentations, I encountered "PaperWidth",
> "PaperHeight", "Page" etc. (see e.g. "s-pre-22.tex"). I didn't find them
> mentioned/explained in any manual (especially: in "mpman.pdf", tab. 5 on
> pg. 71, there is a list of MP internal variables).
>
> So where I could find them with a short description?

They appear to be defined in meta-pag.mkiv
(including the path PlainTextArea)

Alan

* Re: Context to MP
@ 2010-09-23  8:39   ` Procházka Lukáš
From: Procházka Lukáš @ 2010-09-23  8:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks Wolfgang, I got it. Cheers, Lukas