* poster in context
@ 2010-09-29  8:53 Jan Pohanka
From: Jan Pohanka @ 2010-09-29  8:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello,
I wonder how to create a poster presentation using ConTeXt.
It should have following layout.
  _____________________
|   title, ...        |
  _____________________
|                     |
|                     |
|  text in 3 columns  |
|  with titles etc.   |
|                     |
  _____________________
|  acknowledgement    |
  _____________________

Is there any way to fix the height of the depicted areas? Now I use
columnset for the main text. Maybe layers can be useful?

regards
Jan

--
Ing. Jan Pohanka
Department of Measurement

* Re: poster in context
@ 2010-09-30 14:08 ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2010-09-30 14:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

2010/9/29 Jan Pohanka <xhpohanka@gmail.com>:
> Hello,
> I wonder how to create a poster presentation using ConTeXt.
> It should have following layout.
>  _____________________
> |   title, ...        |
>  _____________________
> |                     |
> |                     |
> |  text in 3 columns  |
> |  with titles etc.   |
> |                     |
>  _____________________
> |  acknowledgement    |
>  _____________________
>
> Is there any way to fix the height of the depicted areas? Now I use
> columnset for the main text. Maybe layers can be useful?

Something like the posters (links to pdf files) on
    http://mara.pef.upr.si/mars2006/projekti.html
?

I can send you the source code if that is what you want (but I do not
guarantee that the layout still works).

Mojca

* Re: poster in context
@ 2010-09-30 15:00   ` Cedric Mauclair
From: Cedric Mauclair @ 2010-09-30 15:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am interested in the source in you would share it. :)

Thanks.

-- Cédric

On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 16:08, Mojca Miklavec
<mojca.miklavec.lists@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2010/9/29 Jan Pohanka <xhpohanka@gmail.com>:
>> Hello,
>> I wonder how to create a poster presentation using ConTeXt.
>> It should have following layout.
>>  _____________________
>> |   title, ...        |
>>  _____________________
>> |                     |
>> |                     |
>> |  text in 3 columns  |
>> |  with titles etc.   |
>> |                     |
>>  _____________________
>> |  acknowledgement    |
>>  _____________________
>>
>> Is there any way to fix the height of the depicted areas? Now I use
>> columnset for the main text. Maybe layers can be useful?
>
> Something like the posters (links to pdf files) on
>    http://mara.pef.upr.si/mars2006/projekti.html
> ?
>
> I can send you the source code if that is what you want (but I do not
> guarantee that the layout still works).
>
> Mojca

* Re: poster in context
@ 2010-09-30 15:25     ` Daniel Grycman
From: Daniel Grycman @ 2010-09-30 15:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

me too :-).
Thanks.
Daniel

On 30.09.10 17:00, "Cedric Mauclair" <cedric.mauclair@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I am interested in the source in you would share it. :)
>
>Thanks.
>
>-- Cédric
>

>On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 16:08, Mojca Miklavec
><mojca.miklavec.lists@gmail.com> wrote:
>> 2010/9/29 Jan Pohanka <xhpohanka@gmail.com>:
>>> Hello,
>>> I wonder how to create a poster presentation using ConTeXt.
>>> It should have following layout.
>>>  _____________________
>>> |   title, ...        |
>>>  _____________________
>>> |                     |
>>> |                     |
>>> |  text in 3 columns  |
>>> |  with titles etc.   |
>>> |                     |
>>>  _____________________
>>> |  acknowledgement    |
>>>  _____________________
>>>
>>> Is there any way to fix the height of the depicted areas? Now I use
>>> columnset for the main text. Maybe layers can be useful?
>>
>> Something like the posters (links to pdf files) on
>>    http://mara.pef.upr.si/mars2006/projekti.html
>> ?
>>
>> I can send you the source code if that is what you want (but I do not
>> guarantee that the layout still works).
>>
>> Mojca

* Re: poster in context
@ 2010-09-30 15:29       ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2010-09-30 15:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 17:25, Daniel Grycman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> me too :-).
> Thanks.
> Daniel

Please write me off-list (apart from those who have already asked).
I would need to clean up the code before publishing it.

Mojca

> On 30.09.10 17:00, "Cedric Mauclair" wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I am interested in the source in you would share it. :)
>>
>>Thanks.
>>
>>-- Cédric
>>

>>On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 16:08, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>>>
>>> Something like the posters (links to pdf files) on
>>>    http://mara.pef.upr.si/mars2006/projekti.html
>>> ?
>>>
>>> I can send you the source code if that is what you want (but I do not
>>> guarantee that the layout still works).
>>>
>>> Mojca

* Re: poster in context
@ 2010-09-30 15:32         ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2010-09-30 15:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 5:29 PM, Mojca Miklavec
<mojca.miklavec.lists@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 17:25, Daniel Grycman wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> me too :-).
>> Thanks.
>> Daniel
>
> Please write me off-list (apart from those who have already asked).
> I would need to clean up the code before publishing it.
why not on your personal page on wiki ?
--
luigi

* Re: poster in context
@ 2010-09-30 16:02 ` Alan BRASLAU
From: Alan BRASLAU @ 2010-09-30 16:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On Wednesday 29 September 2010 10:53:38 Jan Pohanka wrote:
> Hello,
> I wonder how to create a poster presentation using ConTeXt.
> It should have following layout.
>   _____________________
>
> |   title, ...        |
>
>   _____________________
>
> |  text in 3 columns  |
> |  with titles etc.   |
>
>   _____________________
>
> |  acknowledgement    |
>
>   _____________________
>
> Is there any way to fix the height of the depicted areas? Now I use
> columnset for the main text. Maybe layers can be useful?

Below is the sort of scheme that I used about one year ago.
Here, it is for A0 landscape, thus 6 columns.
I also play a lot with \collectedtext

I would/might do a bit better today, having learnt more about ConTeXt.

Alan

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

\setuppapersize[A0,landscape][A0,landscape]
\setuplayout [%
              backspace=0.5cm,
              leftedge=0cm,	leftedgedistance=0.5cm,
              leftmargin=0cm,	leftmargindistance=0cm,
              %
              width=fit,
              %
              rightmargin=0cm,	rightmargindistance=0.5cm,
              rightedge=0cm,	rightedgedistance=0cm,
              %
              %
              topspace=0.5cm,
              top=0cm,		topdistance=0cm,
              header=4cm,	headerdistance=0.5cm,
              %
              height=fit,
              %
              footer=0.5em,	footerdistance=0cm,
              bottom=0cm,	bottomdistance=0cm,
              bottomspace=0cm,
              %
              location=singlesided]

% center header
\setupheadertexts[{\framed[frame=off,align=middle,height=4cm]{%
	{\switchtobodyfont[3cm]\bf title, ...\par}
}}]

% footer
\setupfootertexts[{\tfxx © 2010 Alan Braslau, all rights reserved.}][{\tfxx
Typeset using {\ConTeXt} mkiv.}]

\defineoverlay[Koe]
	[{\externalfigure[cow][width=114.4cm]}]
\setupbackgrounds[text][text][background=Koe]

\starttext

\definecolumnset[Poster][n=6]
\definecolumnsetspan[Normal][n=1]
\definecolumnsetspan[Double][n=2]
\definecolumnsetspan[Triple][n=3]
\startcolumnset[Poster]

\defineparagraphs[Half][n=2,before=,after=]
\defineparagraphs[Third][n=3,before=,after=]
\defineparagraphs[TwoThird][n=2,before=,after=]
\setupparagraphs[TwoThird][1][width=.66\textwidth]

\startcolumnsetspan[Double][default=here]
Here it is up to you to play\dots
\stopcolumnsetspan

\stopcolumnset

\stoptext