On 2010-10-05 <15:29:38>, Thomas A. Schmitz wrote: > And someone (me) might > say that they want three Greek terms in their German index at > logical places. Try the definitions in the attachment. For three words only they will be fine. But if the count increases you will soon run into a situation where it’s not easy to determine where those “logical places” are. E.g. would you want the letter “υ” under latin “y” or “u”? Phonologically (might depend on your stance on historical phonology -- could be a minefield) you might find it reasonable to treat “ου” as “u” (or “ū” if that matters), but your audience might expect it at the graphetic location, latin “ou”, instead. As you can see in the example, when mapping both omega and omicron onto Latin “o” the result is that “χρῶμα” will appear before “Χρόνος”, which looks a bit odd. This ad-hoc solution is troublesome when two words (a German and a Greek one) occupy the same spot in the search order, like “Polyneikes” and “Πολυνείκης”. My index output is: Polyneikes 2 Πολυνείκης 2 Polyneikes 3 Πολυνείκης 3 which should rather be Polyneikes 2, 3 Πολυνείκης 2, 3 I guess there is some testing going on in order to determine whether to proceed with the current entry or switch to the next one. The position is the same, however the comparison with the last item fails and a new one is created instead. (Only guessing.) If you run into this problem you might have to ask Hans for advice. Hth, Philipp -- () ascii ribbon campaign - against html e-mail /\ www.asciiribbon.org - against proprietary attachments