* helping on "Wiki Command Reference"
@ 2010-11-07 18:38 Jonas Stein
From: Jonas Stein @ 2010-11-07 18:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi,

would it be useful to write examples in the Wiki Command Reference
manual, or will there be some automatism that imports that
information from some other source?

Most keywords have empty descriptions.
Should users fill them in? Is there a reliable and complete
reference for the commands somewhere?

Kind regards,

[1] http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Category:Reference/en

--
Jonas Stein <news@jonasstein.de>

* Re: helping on "Wiki Command Reference"
@ 2010-11-10 14:24 ` Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2010-11-10 14:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, Nov 07 2010, Jonas Stein wrote:

> would it be useful to write examples in the Wiki Command Reference

Hello,

I would rather include examples in the wiki¹ and the ConTeXt Manual² (prose)
and let the command reference cover only the dry descriptions.

> or will there be some automatism that imports that
> information from some other source?

Perhaps (not examples, only the dry descriptions).
Mojca, Patrick and me agreed, that there should be some mechanism,
1.) that shows the content of the cid-files³ as html on the wiki
2.) that permits users to modify the cid-files using the wiki-interface

The question is: how, when and who?

> Most keywords have empty descriptions.
> Should users fill them in?

Of course.

> Is there a reliable and complete reference for the commands somewhere?

Not yet. Hopefully yes in the near future.

To discuss the ConTeXt documentation, you can also use the mailing-list on
http://foundry.supelec.fr/gf/project/contextman.

Cheers, Peter

¹  http://wiki.contextgarden.net/
²  http://foundry.supelec.fr/svn/contextman/context-reference