* problem with beta for linux-64
@ 2010-11-14 17:23 Vladimir Lomov
From: Vladimir Lomov @ 2010-11-14 17:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi.
** Aditya Mahajan [2010-11-13 21:11:31 -0500]:

> On Sat, 13 Nov 2010, Erik Margraf wrote:
>
>>I get the following error message while running first-setup.sh:
>>------------
>>! I can't find file `catc-ini.mkiv'.
>><to be read again>
>>                  \relax
>>l.42 \loadmarkfile{catc-ini}
>>-----------
>>
>>Strange enough, I find it as
>> ..../tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/catc-ini.mkiv
>>
>>Anything I can do about that?
>
> I had the same error. I am on linux-64 and the luatex binary in
> linux-64/bin did not have the execute permission set. So the wrong
> luatex was being used.
>
> But I use mtx-update directly, so do not know if this is the same
> reason for the error in the minimals.
I could confirm that there is the problem with context minimal
installation on linux-64. The cause of the problem is missing permission
for executable.

Currently I could build the formats only if I split the actions: update
and make.

P.S. To ensure that the same problem would not arise in future the
'update' and 'make' procedures should be splitted and between them 'chmod
+x bin/texlua tex/texmf-linux-64/bin/luatex' (texmf-$platform) is
inserted.

---
WBR, Vladimir.

--
Perfect day for scrubbing the floor and other exciting things.

* Re: problem with beta for linux-64
@ 2010-11-14 17:27 ` Alan BRASLAU
From: Alan BRASLAU @ 2010-11-14 17:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On Sunday 14 November 2010 18:23:51 Vladimir Lomov wrote:

> P.S. To ensure that the same problem would not arise in future the
> 'update' and 'make' procedures should be splitted and between them 'chmod
> +x bin/texlua tex/texmf-linux-64/bin/luatex' (texmf-$platform) is
> inserted.

Better yet, our maintainers only need to take care with the mode settings
upon uploading. :)

Alan

* Re: problem with beta for linux-64
@ 2010-11-14 22:34   ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2010-11-14 22:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, Nov 14, 2010 at 18:27, Alan BRASLAU <alan.braslau@cea.fr> wrote:
> On Sunday 14 November 2010 18:23:51 Vladimir Lomov wrote:
>>
>> P.S. To ensure that the same problem would not arise in future the
>> 'update' and 'make' procedures should be splitted and between them 'chmod
>> +x bin/texlua tex/texmf-linux-64/bin/luatex' (texmf-$platform) is
>> inserted.
>
> Better yet, our maintainers only need to take care with the mode settings
> upon uploading. :)

I don't understand why this happens. My only explanation is that Peter
might be using an older version of building script that forgot to set
the missing permissions. Since it works OK on other platforms.

Mojca

* Re: problem with beta for linux-64
@ 2010-11-15  6:39     ` Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2010-11-15  6:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, Nov 14 2010, Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> I don't understand why this happens. My only explanation is that Peter
> might be using an older version of building script that forgot to set
> the missing permissions. Since it works OK on other platforms.

Strange, I do always:  cd ~/minimals && svn up && ./do_all.sh
I'll take a look at it...

Cheers, Peter

--
Contact information: http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/