* intertext error in mkiv
@ 2010-11-23 16:13 Vladimir Lomov
From: Vladimir Lomov @ 2010-11-23 16:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi.

The example with start/stopintertext from 'mathalign.pdf' (My Way, Using \startalign and friends,
Aditya Mahajan) gives error with current context (beta):
<example file="ex2.tex">
%%% Seems that there is a problem with \start/stopintertext . This command is described in mathalign.pdf
%%% (MyWay).

\starttext

Here the start/stopintertext should give text between formulas
\startformula
  \startalign
    \NC \exp^{\imath t}=\cos t+\imath\sin t\NR
  \startintertext
    This is famous Euler formula, below one is known as Moivre formula
  \stopintertext
    \NC (\cos x + \imath\sin x)^{m} = \cos mx+\imath\sin mx \NR
  \stopalign
\stopformula

That's it.

\stoptext
</example>

<error_message>
! Misplaced \noalign.
\startintertext #1\stopintertext ->\noalign
                                            {\dointertext {#1}}
l.12   \stopintertext
?
</error_message>

$ context --version

MTXrun | main context file: /usr/local/opt/context/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/context.tex
MTXrun | current version: 2010.11.20 12:51

Is this a bug or I do something wrong?

---
WBR, Vladimir Lomov.

--
What you don't know won't help you much either.
		-- D. Bennett

* Re: intertext error in mkiv
@ 2010-11-23 16:17 ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2010-11-23 16:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 24 Nov 2010, Vladimir Lomov wrote:

> Hi.
>
> The example with start/stopintertext from 'mathalign.pdf' (My Way, Using \startalign and friends,
> Aditya Mahajan) gives error with current context (beta):
> <example file="ex2.tex">
> %%% Seems that there is a problem with \start/stopintertext . This command is described in mathalign.pdf
> %%% (MyWay).
>
> \starttext
>
> Here the start/stopintertext should give text between formulas
> \startformula
>  \startalign
>    \NC \exp^{\imath t}=\cos t+\imath\sin t\NR
>  \startintertext
>    This is famous Euler formula, below one is known as Moivre formula
>  \stopintertext
>    \NC (\cos x + \imath\sin x)^{m} = \cos mx+\imath\sin mx \NR
>  \stopalign
> \stopformula
>
> That's it.
>
> \stoptext
> </example>
>
> <error_message>
> ! Misplaced \noalign.
> \startintertext #1\stopintertext ->\noalign
>                                            {\dointertext {#1}}
> l.12   \stopintertext
> ?
> </error_message>
>
> $ context --version
>
> MTXrun | main context file: /usr/local/opt/context/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/context.tex
> MTXrun | current version: 2010.11.20 12:51
>
> Is this a bug or I do something wrong?

Bug, and it seems a rather old one. It also fails with 2010.05.24.

I cannot debug this right now. A quick workaround is to use
\intertext{...} instead.

Aditya

* Re: intertext error in mkiv
@ 2010-11-23 16:27   ` Vladimir Lomov
From: Vladimir Lomov @ 2010-11-23 16:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

** Aditya Mahajan [2010-11-23 11:17:55 -0500]:

> On Wed, 24 Nov 2010, Vladimir Lomov wrote:
>
>>Hi.
>>
>>The example with start/stopintertext from 'mathalign.pdf' (My Way, Using \startalign and friends,
>>Aditya Mahajan) gives error with current context (beta):
>><example file="ex2.tex">
>>%%% Seems that there is a problem with \start/stopintertext . This command is described in mathalign.pdf
>>%%% (MyWay).
>>
>>\starttext
>>
>>Here the start/stopintertext should give text between formulas
>>\startformula
>> \startalign
>>   \NC \exp^{\imath t}=\cos t+\imath\sin t\NR
>> \startintertext
>>   This is famous Euler formula, below one is known as Moivre formula
>> \stopintertext
>>   \NC (\cos x + \imath\sin x)^{m} = \cos mx+\imath\sin mx \NR
>> \stopalign
>>\stopformula
>>
>>That's it.
>>
>>\stoptext
>></example>
>>
>><error_message>
>>! Misplaced \noalign.
>>\startintertext #1\stopintertext ->\noalign
>>                                           {\dointertext {#1}}
>>l.12   \stopintertext
>>?
>></error_message>
>>
>>$ context --version
>>
>>MTXrun | main context file: /usr/local/opt/context/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/context.tex
>>MTXrun | current version: 2010.11.20 12:51
>>
>>Is this a bug or I do something wrong?
>
> Bug, and it seems a rather old one. It also fails with 2010.05.24.
>
> I cannot debug this right now. A quick workaround is to use
> \intertext{...} instead.
Ok, thanks.

P.S. I thought that all start/stopXXX commands has cousin commands
\XXX. Seems that I was wrong.

--
On the subject of C program indentation:
		-- Blair P. Houghton

* Re: intertext error in mkiv
@ 2011-05-04 10:22     ` Julian Becker
From: Julian Becker @ 2011-05-04 10:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

This seems to be still broken :-(
The \intertext{} workaround however is still working, luckily

2010/11/23 Vladimir Lomov <lomov.vl@gmail.com>

> ** Aditya Mahajan [2010-11-23 11:17:55 -0500]:
>
> > On Wed, 24 Nov 2010, Vladimir Lomov wrote:
> >
> >>Hi.
> >>
> >>The example with start/stopintertext from 'mathalign.pdf' (My Way, Using
> \startalign and friends,
> >>Aditya Mahajan) gives error with current context (beta):
> >><example file="ex2.tex">
> >>%%% Seems that there is a problem with \start/stopintertext . This
> command is described in mathalign.pdf
> >>%%% (MyWay).
> >>
> >>\starttext
> >>
> >>Here the start/stopintertext should give text between formulas
> >>\startformula
> >> \startalign
> >>   \NC \exp^{\imath t}=\cos t+\imath\sin t\NR
> >> \startintertext
> >>   This is famous Euler formula, below one is known as Moivre formula
> >> \stopintertext
> >>   \NC (\cos x + \imath\sin x)^{m} = \cos mx+\imath\sin mx \NR
> >> \stopalign
> >>\stopformula
> >>
> >>That's it.
> >>
> >>\stoptext
> >></example>
> >>
> >><error_message>
> >>! Misplaced \noalign.
> >>\startintertext #1\stopintertext ->\noalign
> >>                                           {\dointertext {#1}}
> >>l.12   \stopintertext
> >>?
> >></error_message>
> >>
> >>$ context --version
> >>
> >>MTXrun | main context file:
> /usr/local/opt/context/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/context.tex
> >>MTXrun | current version: 2010.11.20 12:51
> >>
> >>Is this a bug or I do something wrong?
> >
> > Bug, and it seems a rather old one. It also fails with 2010.05.24.
> >
> > I cannot debug this right now. A quick workaround is to use
> > \intertext{...} instead.
> Ok, thanks.
>
> P.S. I thought that all start/stopXXX commands has cousin commands
> \XXX. Seems that I was wrong.
>
> --
> On the subject of C program indentation:
>        "In My Egotistical Opinion, most people's C programs should be
>        indented six feet downward and covered with dirt."
>                -- Blair P. Houghton

Julian Becker
Institut für Angewandte Physik, R.123
Westfälische Wilhelms-Universität Münster
Corrensstr. 2/4
48149 Münster / Westfalen
Tel. 0251 83-3 61 53
Mob. 0151 599 848 29
e-mail: j_beck16@uni-muenster.de

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for it is the wellspring of life."

* Re: intertext error in mkiv
@ 2011-05-05  8:11       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2011-05-05  8:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 4-5-2011 12:22, Julian Becker wrote:
> This seems to be still broken :-(
> The \intertext{} workaround however is still working, luckily
>
> 2010/11/23 Vladimir Lomov<lomov.vl@gmail.com>
>
>> ** Aditya Mahajan [2010-11-23 11:17:55 -0500]:

>> \startalign and friends,
>> command is described in mathalign.pdf

>> /usr/local/opt/context/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/context.tex

>>> Bug, and it seems a rather old one. It also fails with 2010.05.24.

has to do with the tex scanner in alignments (doesn't like unexpandable
macros)

>>> I cannot debug this right now. A quick workaround is to use
>>> \intertext{...} instead.
>> Ok, thanks.
>>
>> P.S. I thought that all start/stopXXX commands has cousin commands
>> \XXX. Seems that I was wrong.

%D The intertext commands have to be expandable (in aligment lookahead) so
%D we cannot use \type {\unexpanded}.

\let\stopintertext\relax

\def\startintertext#1\stopintertext
   {\noalign{\dointertext{#1}}}