* Skew not working in latest beta
@ 2011-01-12 13:30 Mathieu Boespflug
From: Mathieu Boespflug @ 2011-01-12 13:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

consider the following short document

\starttext

hello $\hat x \hat A$.
\stoptext

In the latest beta, and in a December beta as well, the hat above the
capital A is misplaced. IIRC the placement used to be correct, back in
november. Any ideas as to a workaround in the meantime ?

Mathieu

* Re: Skew not working in latest beta
@ 2011-01-12 14:37 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2011-01-12 14:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 12-1-2011 2:30, Mathieu Boespflug wrote:
> \starttext
>
> hello $\hat x \hat A$.
> \stoptext

I have no clue ... does it also concern a different luatex binary?

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2011-01-12 15:02   ` Mathieu Boespflug
From: Mathieu Boespflug @ 2011-01-12 15:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

It seems this is a regression of either ConTeXt or LuaTeX. I have a
PDF that I generated on December 9th that doesn't have this problem.
According to the PDF metadata, the versions used to create it were:

Producer: LuaTeX-0.64.0
Creator: ConTeXt - 2010.11.27 14:27

I also have a PDF from the same source created end of December with
the following versions, that features the bug:

ConTEXt version 2010.12.21 10 :50 on LuaTeX version 0.65.0.

Could it be a LuaTeX 0.65 regression?

Best,

Mathieu

@ 2011-01-12 15:08     ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2011-01-12 15:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 01/12/11 16:02, Mathieu Boespflug wrote:
> It seems this is a regression of either ConTeXt or LuaTeX. I have a
> PDF that I generated on December 9th that doesn't have this problem.
> According to the PDF metadata, the versions used to create it were:
>
> Producer: LuaTeX-0.64.0
> Creator: ConTeXt - 2010.11.27 14:27
>
> I also have a PDF from the same source created end of December with
> the following versions, that features the bug:
>
> ConTEXt version 2010.12.21 10 :50 on LuaTeX version 0.65.0.
>
> Could it be a LuaTeX 0.65 regression?

Well, luatex 0.65.0 had this bugfix:

* With OpenType math fonts, accents over any class except 0 and 7
  were misplaced.

And that could be related.

* Re: Skew not working in latest beta
@ 2011-01-12 15:26       ` Khaled Hosny
From: Khaled Hosny @ 2011-01-12 15:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 04:08:40PM +0100, Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> On 01/12/11 16:02, Mathieu Boespflug wrote:
> > It seems this is a regression of either ConTeXt or LuaTeX. I have a
> > PDF that I generated on December 9th that doesn't have this problem.
> > According to the PDF metadata, the versions used to create it were:
> >
> > Producer: LuaTeX-0.64.0
> > Creator: ConTeXt - 2010.11.27 14:27
> >
> > I also have a PDF from the same source created end of December with
> > the following versions, that features the bug:
> >
> > ConTEXt version 2010.12.21 10 :50 on LuaTeX version 0.65.0.
> >
> > Could it be a LuaTeX 0.65 regression?
>
> Well, luatex 0.65.0 had this bugfix:
>
> * With OpenType math fonts, accents over any class except 0 and 7
>   were misplaced.
>
> And that could be related.

Works fine here for "true" OpenType math fonts, so I think it might be
something ConTeXt.

\setupbodyfont[xits]
%\setupbodyfont[cambria]
%\setupbodyfont[asana] % no accents!
\starttext
hello $\hat x \hat A$.
\stoptext

BTW, accents are not shown with Asana which lacks spacing accents that
context used to use for non-wide accents, shouldn't be using combining
accents with both now Luatex have "fixed" keyword?

Regards,
 Khaled

--
 Khaled Hosny
 Free font developer

* Re: Skew not working in latest beta
@ 2011-01-13  9:08         ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2011-01-13  9:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 12-1-2011 4:26, Khaled Hosny wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 04:08:40PM +0100, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
>>

>> On 01/12/11 16:02, Mathieu Boespflug wrote:
>>> It seems this is a regression of either ConTeXt or LuaTeX. I have a
>>> PDF that I generated on December 9th that doesn't have this problem.
>>> According to the PDF metadata, the versions used to create it were:
>>>
>>> Producer: LuaTeX-0.64.0
>>> Creator: ConTeXt - 2010.11.27 14:27
>>>
>>> I also have a PDF from the same source created end of December with
>>> the following versions, that features the bug:
>>>
>>> ConTEXt version 2010.12.21 10 :50 on LuaTeX version 0.65.0.
>>>
>>> Could it be a LuaTeX 0.65 regression?
>>
>> Well, luatex 0.65.0 had this bugfix:
>>
>> * With OpenType math fonts, accents over any class except 0 and 7
>>    were misplaced.
>>
>> And that could be related.
>
> Works fine here for "true" OpenType math fonts, so I think it might be
> something ConTeXt.
>
> \setupbodyfont[xits]
> %\setupbodyfont[cambria]
> %\setupbodyfont[asana] % no accents!
> \starttext
> hello $\hat x \hat A$.
> \stoptext

It's related to \Umathradicalrule* not being set. This has never been
the case but at some point it worked ok and Taco/I are not going think
too long about when and where something changed along the route. I'll
make a new beta.

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2011-01-13 16:21           ` Mathieu Boespflug
From: Mathieu Boespflug @ 2011-01-13 16:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Hans,

> It's related to \Umathradicalrule* not being set. This has never been the
> case but at some point it worked ok and Taco/I are not going think too long
> about when and where something changed along the route. I'll make a new
> beta.

that does fix the output of my document. Many thanks!

Mathieu