* Endash tlig not working
@ 2011-03-22  0:23 C.
From: C. @ 2011-03-22  0:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,
the automatic replacement of -- to endash does not work with a certain font.
\endash does work and produces the expected symbol.
I also have these lines in my code:
\definefontfeature[tlig][default][tlig=yes]
\addff{tlig}

I checked that the endash is at position U+2013 in the font.

What else could be wrong here?

* Re: Endash tlig not working
@ 2011-03-22  9:56 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2011-03-22  9:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 22-3-2011 1:23, C. wrote:
> Hello,
> the automatic replacement of -- to endash does not work with a certain font.
> \endash does work and produces the expected symbol.
> I also have these lines in my code:
> \definefontfeature[tlig][default][tlig=yes]
> \addff{tlig}
>
> I checked that the endash is at position U+2013 in the font.
>
> What else could be wrong here?

the fact that you don't tell what font it concerns and that no minimal
example is added

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Endash tlig not working
@ 2011-03-22 12:57   ` C.
From: C. @ 2011-03-22 12:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

The font is Whitman (ttf). Minimal example and its output is attached.

[-- Attachment #2: minimal.tex --]

\usemodule[simplefonts]
\definefontfeature[tlig][default][tlig=yes]
\setmainfont[Whitman Roman][regularfont=whitmanromanlf,boldfont=whitmanboldlf,italicfont=whitmanitaliclf,expansion=quality, protrusion=quality]
\addff{tlig}
\starttext
\char"2013\\
\endash\\
- \\
--
\stoptext

[-- Attachment #3: minimal.pdf --]

* Re: Endash tlig not working
@ 2011-03-22 13:06     ` Khaled Hosny
From: Khaled Hosny @ 2011-03-22 13:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

I think you need to add mode=node to your tlig definition.

On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 01:57:05PM +0100, C. wrote:
> The font is Whitman (ttf). Minimal example and its output is attached.

 Khaled Hosny
 Egyptian
 Arab