* Need help with \setuphead and spacing
@ 2011-04-02 11:42 Nicola
From: Nicola @ 2011-04-02 11:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi,
I still have a couple of requests from a publisher, which I do not know how to
fulfill:

1) I need to shift the title 12pt below the top margin. This is my command now:

\definefont[TitleStyle][SerifBold at 14pt]
\setuphead[title][
   style=TitleStyle,
   align=middle,
   textstyle=WORD,
   before={\blank[12pt]},
   after={\blank[3pt]}
]

But 'before' does not seem to have any effect. My document starts with
\starttext\title{...}.

2) I need (sub)section titles indented by .75cm, regardless of the section
number, so that in:

1      First Section
1.1    First Subsection
100    Another Section Title
100.1  Another subsection

the section titles are aligned. I have tried to use the 'distance' option, but
that seems to set the distance between the section number and the section title.

I am stuck with these, so any help would greatly be appreciated. I am using MKIV
2011.02.25 22:03 to compile.

Nicola

* Re: Need help with \setuphead and spacing
@ 2011-04-02 11:59 ` Marco
From: Marco @ 2011-04-02 11:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 2011-04-02 Nicola <nvitacolonna@gmail.com> wrote:

> 1) I need to shift the title 12pt below the top margin.
> This is my command now:
>
> \definefont[TitleStyle][SerifBold at 14pt]
> \setuphead[title][
>    style=TitleStyle,
>    align=middle,
>    textstyle=WORD,

     before={\blank[12pt,force]},

>    after={\blank[3pt]}
> ]
>
> But 'before' does not seem to have any effect. My document starts with
> \starttext\title{...}.
>
> 2) I need (sub)section titles indented by .75cm, regardless of the section
> number, so that in:
>
> 1      First Section
> 1.1    First Subsection
> 100    Another Section Title
> 100.1  Another subsection

\setuphead [chapter,section] [command=\myseccmd]
\def\myseccmd#1#2{\hbox to .75cm{#1}#2}

Marco

* Re: Need help with \setuphead and spacing
@ 2011-04-02 13:30   ` Nicola
From: Nicola @ 2011-04-02 13:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

In article <20110402135950.0a07eef4@glyph>, Marco <netuse@lavabit.com> wrote:

> On 2011-04-02 Nicola <nvitacolonna@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > 1) I need to shift the title 12pt below the top margin.
> > This is my command now:
> >
> > \definefont[TitleStyle][SerifBold at 14pt]
> > \setuphead[title][
> >    style=TitleStyle,
> >    align=middle,
> >    textstyle=WORD,
>
>      before={\blank[12pt,force]},
>
> >    after={\blank[3pt]}
> > ]
> >
> > But 'before' does not seem to have any effect. My document starts with
> > \starttext\title{...}.
> >
> > 2) I need (sub)section titles indented by .75cm, regardless of the section
> > number, so that in:
> >
> > 1      First Section
> > 1.1    First Subsection
> > 100    Another Section Title
> > 100.1  Another subsection
> >

> \setuphead [chapter,section] [command=\myseccmd]
> \def\myseccmd#1#2{\hbox to .75cm{#1}#2}

That works great!

I must say that, looking backwards, the choice of using ConTeXt for my paper (as
opposed to LaTeX) has turned out to be a winning one, although at the beginning
I was a little afraid of using a typesetting system that is still under active
development. With the help of the people from this list I have been able to
easily solve many layout and typographical challenges (at least, challenges for
me). So, thank you!

@ 2011-04-02 15:55     ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2011-04-02 15:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, Apr 2, 2011 at 3:30 PM, Nicola <nvitacolonna@gmail.com> wrote:
> In article <20110402135950.0a07eef4@glyph>, Marco <netuse@lavabit.com> wrote:
>
>> On 2011-04-02 Nicola <nvitacolonna@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > 1) I need to shift the title 12pt below the top margin.
>> > This is my command now:
>> >
>> > \definefont[TitleStyle][SerifBold at 14pt]
>> > \setuphead[title][
>> >    style=TitleStyle,
>> >    align=middle,
>> >    textstyle=WORD,
>>
>>      before={\blank[12pt,force]},
>>
>> >    after={\blank[3pt]}
>> > ]
>> >
>> > But 'before' does not seem to have any effect. My document starts with
>> > \starttext\title{...}.
>> >
>> > 2) I need (sub)section titles indented by .75cm, regardless of the section
>> > number, so that in:
>> >
>> > 1      First Section
>> > 1.1    First Subsection
>> > 100    Another Section Title
>> > 100.1  Another subsection
>> >

>> \setuphead [chapter,section] [command=\myseccmd]
>> \def\myseccmd#1#2{\hbox to .75cm{#1}#2}
>
> That works great!
>
> I must say that, looking backwards, the choice of using ConTeXt for my paper (as
> opposed to LaTeX) has turned out to be a winning one, although at the beginning
> I was a little afraid of using a typesetting system that is still under active
> development. With the help of the people from this list I have been able to
> easily solve many layout and typographical challenges (at least, challenges for
> me). So, thank you!
Currently there are  few examples on typesetting math with mkiv; maybe you can
wikify someone from your paper ?

--
luigi

* Re: Need help with \setuphead and spacing
@ 2011-04-02 15:59   ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2011-04-02 15:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 02.04.2011 um 13:59 schrieb Marco:

> On 2011-04-02 Nicola <nvitacolonna@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> 2) I need (sub)section titles indented by .75cm, regardless of the section
>> number, so that in:
>>
>> 1      First Section
>> 1.1    First Subsection
>> 100    Another Section Title
>> 100.1  Another subsection
>>

> \setuphead [chapter,section] [command=\myseccmd]
> \def\myseccmd#1#2{\hbox to .75cm{#1}#2}

\setuphead[chapter,section][numberwidth=0.75cm]

Wolfgang

* Re: Need help with \setuphead and spacing
@ 2011-04-02 17:23     ` Marco
From: Marco @ 2011-04-02 17:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 2011-04-02 Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Am 02.04.2011 um 13:59 schrieb Marco:
> > \setuphead [chapter,section] [command=\myseccmd]
> > \def\myseccmd#1#2{\hbox to .75cm{#1}#2}
>
> \setuphead[chapter,section][numberwidth=0.75cm]

You read the source, cheater! ;)

Marco