On 2011-05-07 Mojca Miklavec wrote: > On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 21:08, Marco wrote: > > > On 2011-05-06 Mojca Miklavec wrote: > > > >> > Looks like context needs a package manager. > >> > >> [...] but I admit that I miss some GUI (but then > >> again I have no idea how to write a portable GUI). > > > > There are several possibilities, GTK+ is well > > documented, ported to many platforms and operating > > systems (However, maybe not to all, ConTeXt supports) > > and has Lua bindings. > > If you can prepare a very simple example and explain how > to compile it on windows, mac and windows ... A simple example of a GUI is attached and may serve as a starting point (questions to the example maybe better off-list, since it's not at all ConTeXt related). I don't know which packages are required on windows or macos. On linux and solaris it is sufficient to install GTK and the lua-gtk bindings. Marco