* Where to place typescripts so that they are globally accessable?
@ 2011-05-20 20:40 John Magolske
From: John Magolske @ 2011-05-20 20:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

I'm using MkIV installed from minimals, and have set up a typescript
(type-lemonde.tex) for a font I'm using. It works fine when I copy
type-lemonde.tex into the working directory, but I'd like to have
it in one central location rather than having to copy it around to
multiple project directories. I see:

 1. Copy the typescript files into either
    $TEXMF/tex/texmf-fonts/tex/context/user
    $TEXMF/tex/texmf-project/tex/context/user
    http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Fonts_in_LuaTeX

But `echo $TEXMF` comes up blank. What should TEXMF be set to?
Is $TEXMF the same as the "ConTeXt path" mentioned here:

  A typescript must live in your project folder or in another folder
  in your ConTeXt path (e.g., (texmf)/tex/context/user)
  http://wiki.contextgarden.net/TypeScripts

I've tried several things including:

  ~/context/tex/texmf-fonts/tex/context/user/type-lemonde.tex

...but can't seem to get anything to work.

Thanks for any help,

John

--
John Magolske