* Where to place typescripts so that they are globally accessable?
@ 2011-05-20 20:40 John Magolske
From: John Magolske @ 2011-05-20 20:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

I'm using MkIV installed from minimals, and have set up a typescript
(type-lemonde.tex) for a font I'm using. It works fine when I copy
type-lemonde.tex into the working directory, but I'd like to have
it in one central location rather than having to copy it around to
multiple project directories. I see:

 1. Copy the typescript files into either
    $TEXMF/tex/texmf-fonts/tex/context/user
    $TEXMF/tex/texmf-project/tex/context/user
    http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Fonts_in_LuaTeX

But `echo $TEXMF` comes up blank. What should TEXMF be set to?
Is $TEXMF the same as the "ConTeXt path" mentioned here:

  A typescript must live in your project folder or in another folder
  in your ConTeXt path (e.g., (texmf)/tex/context/user)
  http://wiki.contextgarden.net/TypeScripts

I've tried several things including:

  ~/context/tex/texmf-fonts/tex/context/user/type-lemonde.tex

...but can't seem to get anything to work.

Thanks for any help,

John

--
John Magolske
http://B79.net/contact

* Re: Where to place typescripts so that they are globally accessable?
@ 2011-05-20 20:44 ` Jannis Pohlmann
From: Jannis Pohlmann @ 2011-05-20 20:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On Fri, 20 May 2011 13:40:26 -0700
John Magolske <listmail@b79.net> wrote:

> I'm using MkIV installed from minimals, and have set up a typescript
> (type-lemonde.tex) for a font I'm using. It works fine when I copy
> type-lemonde.tex into the working directory, but I'd like to have
> it in one central location rather than having to copy it around to
> multiple project directories. I see:
>
>  1. Copy the typescript files into either
>     $TEXMF/tex/texmf-fonts/tex/context/user
>     $TEXMF/tex/texmf-project/tex/context/user
>     http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Fonts_in_LuaTeX
>
> But `echo $TEXMF` comes up blank. What should TEXMF be set to?
> Is $TEXMF the same as the "ConTeXt path" mentioned here:
>
>   A typescript must live in your project folder or in another folder
>   in your ConTeXt path (e.g., (texmf)/tex/context/user)
>   http://wiki.contextgarden.net/TypeScripts
>
> I've tried several things including:
>
>   ~/context/tex/texmf-fonts/tex/context/user/type-lemonde.tex
>
> ...but can't seem to get anything to work.

Just to be sure: did you run "context --generate" after creating that
file somewhere?

  - Jannis

* Re: Where to place typescripts so that they are globally accessable?
@ 2011-05-20 20:58   ` John Magolske
From: John Magolske @ 2011-05-20 20:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

* Jannis Pohlmann <jannis@xfce.org> [110520 13:48]:
> Fri, 20 May 2011 13:40:26 -0700 John Magolske <listmail@b79.net> wrote:
> > I've tried several things including:
> >
> >   ~/context/tex/texmf-fonts/tex/context/user/type-lemonde.tex
> >
> > ...but can't seem to get anything to work.
>
> Just to be sure: did you run "context --generate" after creating
> that file somewhere?

I did run that command after placing the file in the above location,
but I'm thinking since TEXMF is not set, ConTeXt doesn't know how to
find the typescript.

John

--

@ 2011-05-20 21:17     ` Jannis Pohlmann
From: Jannis Pohlmann @ 2011-05-20 21:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On Fri, 20 May 2011 13:58:17 -0700
John Magolske <listmail@b79.net> wrote:

> * Jannis Pohlmann <jannis@xfce.org> [110520 13:48]:
> > Fri, 20 May 2011 13:40:26 -0700 John Magolske <listmail@b79.net>
> > wrote:
> > > I've tried several things including:
> > >
> > >   ~/context/tex/texmf-fonts/tex/context/user/type-lemonde.tex
> > >
> > > ...but can't seem to get anything to work.
> >
> > Just to be sure: did you run "context --generate" after creating
> > that file somewhere?
>
> I did run that command after placing the file in the above location,
> but I'm thinking since TEXMF is not set, ConTeXt doesn't know how to
> find the typescript.

It's not set here either. Is ~/context your ConTeXt installation
directory? If not then it might be worth trying a standard directory
like ~/texmf instead (or ~/texmf/tex/context/base/ in your case). I
always put my modifications into ~/texmf, run context --generate and it
works.

  - Jannis

* Re: Where to place typescripts so that they are globally accessable?
@ 2011-05-20 21:27       ` John Magolske
From: John Magolske @ 2011-05-20 21:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

* Jannis Pohlmann <jannis@xfce.org> [110520 14:20]:
> Fri, 20 May 2011 13:58:17 -0700 John Magolske <listmail@b79.net>:
> > * Jannis Pohlmann <jannis@xfce.org> [110520 13:48]:

> > > Just to be sure: did you run "context --generate" after creating
> > > that file somewhere?
> >
> > I did run that command after placing the file in the above location,
> > but I'm thinking since TEXMF is not set, ConTeXt doesn't know how to
> > find the typescript.
>
> It's not set here either. Is ~/context your ConTeXt installation
> directory? If not then it might be worth trying a standard directory
> like ~/texmf instead (or ~/texmf/tex/context/base/ in your case). I
> always put my modifications into ~/texmf, run context --generate and it
> works.

Yes, ~/context is my ConTeXt installation directory. I placed the
typescript in ~/texmf like so:

    ~/texmf/type-lemonde.tex

then ran `context --generate` ... but still no luck.

John

--

@ 2011-05-20 21:36         ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2011-05-20 21:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 20-5-2011 11:27, John Magolske wrote:

>      ~/texmf/type-lemonde.tex
>
> then ran `context --generate` ... but still no luck.

       ~/texmf/tex/context/user/type-lemonde.tex

it need to be somewhere under ../tex/context (to avoid conflicts with
other macro packages)

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2011-05-20 21:55           ` John Magolske
From: John Magolske @ 2011-05-20 21:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

* Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> [110520 14:42]:
> On 20-5-2011 11:27, John Magolske wrote:
>
>>      ~/texmf/type-lemonde.tex
>>
>> then ran `context --generate` ... but still no luck.
>
>       ~/texmf/tex/context/user/type-lemonde.tex
>
> it need to be somewhere under ../tex/context (to avoid conflicts with
> other macro packages)

Yes, that works!

Thanks,

John