Hi, On 2011-06-26 <21:06:45>, H. Hodges wrote: > Is there some sort of guide to which commands are still used in ConTeXt or a > latest edition of the main manual? There’s a sort-of reference maintained by Wolfgang: https://bitbucket.org/wolfs/commands in addition to the reference on the wiki: http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Category:Reference/en and the latest manual: http://wiki.contextgarden.net/manual_being_revised . > I downloaded a bunch of manuals > from the main website to learn from, and some of the commands aren't > affecting my output. I'm particularly confused about how to create > and setup columns. I've read about using Have you consulted the wiki page? http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Columns > \setuplayout[columns=somenumber] with \layoutcolumnoffset{somecolumn}, > > \setupcolumns with \start, \stopcolumns, and \column, and > > \setlayer[text][column=1]{some text} > (which doesn't seem to work at all) in the style guide. Can you please provide a minimal example as to how you invoked the above commands? Regards, Philipp -- () ascii ribbon campaign - against html e-mail /\ www.asciiribbon.org - against proprietary attachments