On Monday, July 11, 2011 12:08:25 pm John Culleton wrote: > On Monday, July 11, 2011 10:25:55 am Cecil Westerhof wrote: > > I am using ConTeXt to make documentation for a webbased > > application. (100+ > > > document) Last week they showed me another document with > > used a kind of > > > rainbow (but completely filled at the upper part) for the > > page header and a > > > 180 degrees rotated one with different colors for the > > page footer. Now they > > > want me to do the same. What is the best way to do this? > > Many programs will create multicolor gradients. I would use > Gimp. But Scribus, Krita etc. are also candidates. > > I suggest this tutorial if you are new to Gimp: > http://www.tankedup-imaging.com/gradient.html Hint: on Gimp go to the left hand window (the toolbox) and look for the "blend" tool. Then just follow your nose (or the tutorial). I waoud save the blend item as png. -- John Culleton "Death Wore Black" Police procedural: http://www.deathworeblack.com/ "Create Book Covers with Scribus" http://booklocker.com/books/4055.html