* 'Rainbow' header/footer
@ 2011-07-11 14:25 Cecil Westerhof
From: Cecil Westerhof @ 2011-07-11 14:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am using ConTeXt to make documentation for a webbased application. (100+
document) Last week they showed me another document with used a kind of
rainbow (but completely filled at the upper part) for the page header and a
180 degrees rotated one with different colors for the page footer. Now they
want me to do the same. What is the best way to do this?

--
Cecil Westerhof

* Re: 'Rainbow' header/footer
@ 2011-07-11 15:37 ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2011-07-11 15:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

If I understand you correctly, then you have to deal with two pictures in the background.
You might be able to make the pics in METAPOST.
Create a layer and place the figures  on the layer with \setlayer(framed).  Put the layer in the background of the page.

Willi
On 11 Jul 2011, at 16:25, Cecil Westerhof wrote:

> I am using ConTeXt to make documentation for a webbased application. (100+ document) Last week they showed me another document with used a kind of rainbow (but completely filled at the upper part) for the page header and a 180 degrees rotated one with different colors for the page footer. Now they want me to do the same. What is the best way to do this?
>
> --
> Cecil Westerhof

* Re: 'Rainbow' header/footer
@ 2011-07-11 16:08 ` John Culleton
From: John Culleton @ 2011-07-11 16:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Monday, July 11, 2011 10:25:55 am Cecil Westerhof wrote:
> I am using ConTeXt to make documentation for a webbased
application. (100+
> document) Last week they showed me another document with
used a kind of
> rainbow (but completely filled at the upper part) for the
page header and a
> 180 degrees rotated one with different colors for the
page footer. Now they
> want me to do the same. What is the best way to do this?

Many programs will create multicolor gradients. I would use
Gimp. But Scribus, Krita etc. are also candidates.

I suggest this tutorial if you are new to Gimp:
http://www.tankedup-imaging.com/gradient.html
--
John Culleton

"Death Wore Black" Police procedural: