* Only show section numbering for \chapter?
@ 2011-07-26 15:48 Khaled Hosny
From: Khaled Hosny @ 2011-07-26 15:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello all,

I'm trying to only show section numbering for chapter, both in the
section head and content list. I tried several combinations of
number=yes|no, sectionnumber=yes|no but I either get numbering for all
or none. I tried using \title and \subject by they don't show in the
content list. I ended up using hacks like numbercomman=\dummy, and
defining \def\dummy#1{}, but I'm trying to find if there is a cleaner
solution.

Regards,
 Khaled

--
 Khaled Hosny
 Egyptian

[-- Attachment #2: s.tex --]
[-- Type: text/x-tex, Size: 280 bytes --]

\setuphead[chapter][sectionnumber=yes]
\setuphead[section,subsection][sectionnumber=no]
\setuplist[content][chapter,section][criterium=all,level=section]

\starttext
\completecontent
\chapter{Chapter}
\section{Section}
\input knuth
\subsection{Sub Section}
\input knuth
\stoptext

* Re: Only show section numbering for \chapter?
@ 2011-07-26 20:29 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2011-07-26 20:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 26.07.2011 um 17:48 schrieb Khaled Hosny:

> Hello all,
>
> I'm trying to only show section numbering for chapter, both in the
> section head and content list. I tried several combinations of
> number=yes|no, sectionnumber=yes|no but I either get numbering for all
> or none. I tried using \title and \subject by they don't show in the
> content list. I ended up using hacks like numbercomman=\dummy, and
> defining \def\dummy#1{}, but I'm trying to find if there is a cleaner
> solution.

\setuphead[section,subsection][incrementnumber=list]

\setupcombinedlist[content][width=2em]

\starttext
\completecontent
\chapter   {Examples}
\section   {Knuth}\input knuth
\subsection{Tufte}\input tufte
\stoptext

Wolfgang

* Re: Only show section numbering for \chapter?
@ 2011-07-26 20:40   ` Khaled Hosny
From: Khaled Hosny @ 2011-07-26 20:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 10:29:40PM +0200, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> Am 26.07.2011 um 17:48 schrieb Khaled Hosny:
>
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I'm trying to only show section numbering for chapter, both in the
> > section head and content list. I tried several combinations of
> > number=yes|no, sectionnumber=yes|no but I either get numbering for all
> > or none. I tried using \title and \subject by they don't show in the
> > content list. I ended up using hacks like numbercomman=\dummy, and
> > defining \def\dummy#1{}, but I'm trying to find if there is a cleaner
> > solution.
>
> \setuphead[section,subsection][incrementnumber=list]
>
> \setupcombinedlist[content][width=2em]
>
> \starttext
> \completecontent
> \chapter   {Examples}