* Line length limitation of typing block?
@ 2011-08-16 10:00 Vladimir Lomov
From: Vladimir Lomov @ 2011-08-16 10:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi.

Please consider the following two examples:

<file name="exa-feat1.tex">
\setupbackend[export=yes]
\definetyping[EXAMPLE][escape=yes]

\starttext

This is an example with \quotation{long} verbatim text.
Why context fails to compile the file? Is there a method to process this file?

\startEXAMPLE
This is a short verbatim line

This this this this this this very very very very very very long long long long long long line line line line line line
\stoptext

\stoptext
</file>

<file name="exa-feat2.tex">
\setupbackend[export=yes]
\definetyping[EXAMPLE][escape=yes]

\starttext

This is an example with \quotation{long} verbatim text.
The version without buffer fails.

\startbuffer[ex1]
This is a short verbatim line

This this this this this this very very very very very very long long long long long long line line line line line line
\stopbuffer

\startEXAMPLE
/BTEX\getbuffer[ex1]/ETEX
\stopEXAMPLE

\stoptext
</file>

context (mkiv) fails to compile first file (error:
<output name="exa-feat1.tex">
Runaway argument?
This this this this this this very ve\ETC.
! File ended while scanning use of \dododowithbuffer.

system          > tex > error on line 0 in file : File ended while
scanning use of \dododowithbuffer ...

<empty file>

<inserted text>
                \par
		<*> ./exa-feat1.tex
		                    \stoptext
?
</output>
)

Seems that there is a limitation on line length in typing block, then
how to process a file with such line?

The second example compiles well but the long is splitted. How to avoid
this? (Adding ',space=fixed' to '\definetyping' doesn't help.)

P.S. Sorry two questions in one topic.

---
TIA, Vladimir Lomov

--
"The wages of sin are death; but after they're done taking out taxes,
it's just a tired feeling:"

* Re: Line length limitation of typing block?
@ 2011-08-16 10:07 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2011-08-16 10:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 16.08.2011 um 12:00 schrieb Vladimir Lomov:

> Hi.
>
> Please consider the following two examples:
>
> [...]
>
> context (mkiv) fails to compile first file (error:

You forgot \stopEXAMPLE.

> Seems that there is a limitation on line length in typing block, then
> how to process a file with such line?
>
> The second example compiles well but the long is splitted. How to avoid
> this? (Adding ',space=fixed' to '\definetyping' doesn't help.)

Use \typebuffer[ex1].

Wolfgang

* Re: Line length limitation of typing block?
@ 2011-08-16 11:53   ` Vladimir Lomov
From: Vladimir Lomov @ 2011-08-16 11:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

** Wolfgang Schuster [2011-08-16 12:07:22 +0200]:

> Am 16.08.2011 um 12:00 schrieb Vladimir Lomov:

>> Hi.

>> Please consider the following two examples:

>> [...]

>> context (mkiv) fails to compile first file (error:

> You forgot \stopEXAMPLE.
Sigh, I overlooked it (acutally my vim setup uses autocompletion and it
autocompleted wrong command so I even didn't check whole example).

>> Seems that there is a limitation on line length in typing block, then
>> how to process a file with such line?

>> The second example compiles well but the long is splitted. How to avoid
>> this? (Adding ',space=fixed' to '\definetyping' doesn't help.)

> Use \typebuffer[ex1].
Thank you, this rises another question...

---
WBR, Vladimir Lomov

--
More are taken in by hope than by cunning.
		-- Vauvenargues