From: Marcin Borkowski <mbork@wmi.amu.edu.pl>
To: ntg-context@ntg.nl
Subject: Re: Imposition and repeating pages
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2011 01:11:39 +0200	[thread overview]

Dnia 2011-08-25, o godz. 18:59:32
Aditya Mahajan <adityam@umich.edu> napisał(a):

> On Fri, 26 Aug 2011, Marcin Borkowski wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > imposition in ConTeXt is great, but...
> >
> > 1. When I last used it (MkII), I had to invoke texexec with the
> > --arrange option or something like this.  Does it work in an easier
> > way with MkIV?  (I mean, I just do context filename and don't care
> > about multiple runs etc.)
>
> In MkIV you don't need to pass --arrange. In one of my projects, I
> have
>
>    \setuppapersize[halfletter][letter,landscape]
>    \setuparranging[2SIDE]
>
> (where halfletter is a user-defined page) and just calling context
> works.

I thought so; yet another great feature of MkIV!

> > 2. I'd like to prepare a cheat sheet of size, say, A6, so I want
> > *the same page* to be repeated 4 times on an A4 sheet.  Is there a
> > "canonical" way to do it?  (I mean, other than copying-and-pasting,
> > or equivalently, defining a macro and repeating it 4 times?)
>
> You can write a macro that reads a pdf file and outputs each of its
> page four times. For example (untested):
>
> \getfiguredimensions[file]%
> \edef\NOfpages{\noffigurepages}%
> \dorecurse{\NOfpages}
>    {\dorecurse{4}
>         {\startTEXpage
>          \externalfigure[file][page=\recurselevel]%
>          \stopTEXpage}}
>
> and then do the arranging.

Thanks - but this is exactly what I do *not* want to do.  My first idea
was to do something like

\def\onepageworthofmaterial{<whatever>\page}
\dorecurse{4}{\onepageworthofmaterial}

which is similar, but simpler.  I thought that maybe there's another,
"ConTeXt way"...  but if not, I'm fine with that.

--
Marcin Borkowski