* wiki.contexgarden.net/Main_Page
       [not found] ` <CALBOmsYwOaBzM9Dq7qctjoMdV__xaEusg5LLxvu54ohbDFZWNA@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2011-11-03 11:24   ` Alan Braslau
From: Alan Braslau @ 2011-11-03 11:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear context garden administrators (and users):

It would be a good idea to have a wiki.contextgarden.net/News
page containing an archive of past and present news.
Clicking on the "News" label on the Main_Page could go there.

Examples of items to include could be:

July 2011: TeX Live 2011 released, including current ConTeXt

September 2011: First general assembly of the ConTeXt user's group
(in Bassenge, Belgium during the 5th International ConTeXt User Meeting)

November 2011: Deadline for contributions to the proceedings of the
5th International ConTeXt User Meeting, to appear in the first issue
of the ConTeXt User Journal.

November 2011: Migration of contextgarden.net to new servers.

etc.

Should this new page be generally editable, or should it be administered?

Alan

* Re: wiki.contexgarden.net/Main_Page
@ 2011-11-03 14:00     ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2011-11-03 14:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 12:24, Alan Braslau <alan.braslau@cea.fr> wrote:
> Dear context garden administrators (and users):
>
> It would be a good idea to have a wiki.contextgarden.net/News
> page containing an archive of past and present news.
> Clicking on the "News" label on the Main_Page could go there.
>
> Examples of items to include could be:
>
> July 2011: TeX Live 2011 released, including current ConTeXt
>
> September 2011: First general assembly of the ConTeXt user's group
> (in Bassenge, Belgium during the 5th International ConTeXt User Meeting)
>
> November 2011: Deadline for contributions to the proceedings of the
> 5th International ConTeXt User Meeting, to appear in the first issue
> of the ConTeXt User Journal.
>
> November 2011: Migration of contextgarden.net to new servers.
>
> etc.
>
> Should this new page be generally editable, or should it be administered?

Generally editable. It is already editable now, only the main page is
locked because of spammers, but you are free to change contents.

Mojca

* Re: wiki.contexgarden.net/Main_Page
@ 2011-11-03 14:32       ` Alan Braslau
From: Alan Braslau @ 2011-11-03 14:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Nov 03, 2011 at 03:00:27PM +0100, Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> > Should this new page be generally editable, or should it be administered?
>
> Generally editable. It is already editable now, only the main page is
> locked because of spammers, but you are free to change contents.

OK - I see that Template:News is a frame on the main page
that we can edit. We should use this, but must not abuse it either!

Alan