* Configure \setuppublicationlayout[article] to not insert a '.' after a title ending with a '?'
@ 2011-11-07 18:33 Renald Buter
From: Renald Buter @ 2011-11-07 18:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello list,

Possibly people can give me a pointer into the proper direction?

What I am after is probably something like:

\setuppublicationlayout[article]{%
  \insertarttitle{\bgroup }{\egroup\optionallyinsertdot }{}%
}

I am not very knowledgeable about TeX, but would this be possible?

With kind regards,

Renald

* Re: Configure \setuppublicationlayout[article] to not insert a '.' after a title ending with a '?'
@ 2011-11-08 10:30 ` Pontus Lurcock
From: Pontus Lurcock @ 2011-11-08 10:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On Mon 07 Nov 2011, Renald Buter wrote:

> Possibly people can give me a pointer into the proper direction?
>
> What I am after is probably something like:
>
> \setuppublicationlayout[article]{%
>   \insertarttitle{\bgroup }{\egroup\optionallyinsertdot }{}%
> }
>
> I am not very knowledgeable about TeX, but would this be possible?

I am far from being an expert, but here are a couple of ideas:

1. The useful document ‘Tame the BeaST’ mentions that BST-language has
the function add.period$ , which seems to do what you want (see
ftp://ftp.dante.de/tex-archive/info/bibtex/tamethebeast/ttb_en.pdf ,
p. 33). So you could rewrite cont-au.bst (or whichever BST file you
are using) to optionally add the full stop while formatting it for
ConTeXt, and then never add punctuation after \insertarttitle .

2. A quick google turned up a similar question and answer at
http://www.tug.org/pipermail/texhax/2009-November/013714.html .
That message presents two magical pieces of hackery which are claimed
to do the job, but I haven't tried them and don't understand them.

My own solution in your situation was to ignore it and hope that my
thesis examiners don't notice, or at least don't mind :-(. This
problem is becoming more common: see
http://www.springerlink.com/content/uh466q5p3722n37l/ -- good luck
finding a better solution than mine.

Hope this helps,