* Centering and splitting a table
@ 2012-01-07  0:49 Fulvio
From: Fulvio @ 2012-01-07  0:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi, it's me again, with another problem.

I want to typeset very simple tables. Each table system is ok, because
I need very simple tables, as long as I can split the table in multiple
pages and repeat the header in multiple pages, so it should be ok to
use Tabulate, Tables, TABLE and Linetable.

I can typeset a similar table easily, but I want to center the table
horizontally in the page. I can box the table (with an hbox or a vbox)
and then center the box, but in this way the box won't split in
multiple pages. I think that floatings aren't the solution, too, because
I need the table exactly in place (I understand that the "here"
placement don't give me that guaranty, but I'm not totally sure).

I've at least a solution in my mind, but that requires too
much work, so I hope that there is a simple one.

Thanks in advance.
Fulvio Satta

[-- Attachment #1.2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Centering and splitting a table
@ 2012-01-07  8:32 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2012-01-07  8:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 07.01.2012 um 01:49 schrieb Fulvio:

> Hi, it's me again, with another problem.
>
> I want to typeset very simple tables. Each table system is ok, because
> I need very simple tables, as long as I can split the table in multiple
> pages and repeat the header in multiple pages, so it should be ok to
> use Tabulate, Tables, TABLE and Linetable.
>
> I can typeset a similar table easily, but I want to center the table
> horizontally in the page. I can box the table (with an hbox or a vbox)
> and then center the box, but in this way the box won't split in
> multiple pages. I think that floatings aren't the solution, too, because
> I need the table exactly in place (I understand that the "here"
> placement don't give me that guaranty, but I'm not totally sure).
>
> I've at least a solution in my mind, but that requires too
> much work, so I hope that there is a simple one.

\placetable[split,force]{<caption>}{<table>}

gives you a table which is centered, is split across pages (“split” keyword)
and will stay at the position (“force” keyword).

WOlfgang

* Re: Centering and splitting a table
@ 2012-01-07 15:00   ` Fulvio
From: Fulvio @ 2012-01-07 15:00 UTC (permalink / raw)