* Command in enumeration title
@ 2012-02-26 11:44 "Stefan Müller"
From: "Stefan Müller" @ 2012-02-26 11:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi list,

there is possibly an easy explanation for my following problem, but I don't know it.  Why does \Word have no effect in the following example, and how can I make it work?  In my real document I have \Word in a macro inside the title, so I can't just write "Foo" in the title.

\defineenumeration[myenum][title=yes]

\starttext

\startmyenum{\Word{foo}}
	bar
\stopmyenum

\stoptext

Any help appreciated, thanks in advance!
Stefan
--

_______
ey, leute, ich hab so lange gebraucht um mir plan a auszudenken, fragt jetzt doch nicht auch

* Re: Command in enumeration title
@ 2012-02-26 13:28 ` Rogers, Michael K
From: Rogers, Michael K @ 2012-02-26 13:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Feb 26, 2012, at 6:44 AM, Stefan Müller wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> there is possibly an easy explanation for my following problem, but I don't know it.  Why does \Word have no effect in the following example, and how can I make it work?  In my real document I have \Word in a macro inside the title, so I can't just write "Foo" in the title.
>
> \defineenumeration[myenum][title=yes]
>
> \starttext
>
> \startmyenum{\Word{foo}}
>       bar
> \stopmyenum
>
> \stoptext
>
> Any help appreciated, thanks in advance!
> Stefan
> --

Hi,

I'm new to ConTeXt, but I tried your example, adding

  \def\Word#1{#1-#1}

and got

  myenum 1 (foo-foo)

  bar

for output.  It seems right to me, perhaps?  Maybe the problem is with your macro \Word?  I'm running:

  ConTeXt  ver: 2011.05.18 18:04 MKIV  fmt: 2012.1.25  int: english/english

Michael

________________________________

prohibited.

* Re: Command in enumeration title
@ 2012-02-26 13:34   ` "Stefan Müller"
From: "Stefan Müller" @ 2012-02-26 13:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Michael,

thanks for your answer.  The macro \Word is a predefined macro that capitalizes the first letter of its argument.  E.g. "\Word{title}" should expand to "Title", but it doesn't in my example.

Stefan
--

_______

@ 2012-02-26 23:30     ` Rogers, Michael K
From: Rogers, Michael K @ 2012-02-26 23:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Stefan,

I didn't know about \Word.  It retried your example and it works as is in my version of ConTeXt, which is an earlier one that yours it seems.  [Your other enumeration example, with way=bychapter etc., works the way you want, too.]  Sorry, I don't think I can help.  Perhaps one of the more expert users can verify whether it works or not.

Best,

Michael

________________________________

prohibited.

* Re: Command in enumeration title
@ 2012-02-27 13:05       ` Stefan Müller
From: Stefan Müller @ 2012-02-27 13:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

yeah, is seems as if both problems (this and the one about
"way=bychapter" from my other thread) have been introduced some time
ago.  It worked on MkIV version 20111125 21:29.

@ 2012-03-02 20:03     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2012-03-02 20:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 26-2-2012 14:34, "Stefan Müller" wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> thanks for your answer.  The macro \Word is a predefined macro that capitalizes the first letter of its argument.  E.g. "\Word{title}" should expand to "Title", but it doesn't in my example.

does style={\setcharactercasing[3]} work out ok?

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2012-03-05  9:21       ` "Stefan Müller"
From: "Stefan Müller" @ 2012-03-05  9:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context; +Cc: Hans Hagen

On Fri, 02 Mar 2012 21:03:34 +0100, Hans Hagen wrote:
> On 26-2-2012 14:34, "Stefan Müller" wrote:
> > Hi Michael,
> >
> > thanks for your answer.  The macro \Word is a predefined macro that
> capitalizes the first letter of its argument.  E.g. "\Word{title}" should
> expand to "Title", but it doesn't in my example.
>
> does style={\setcharactercasing[3]} work out ok?

Hi Hans,

thanks for your answer and sorry for the delay. I tried

\defineenumeration[myenum][title=yes, titlestyle={\setcharactercasing[3]}]
\starttext
\startmyenum{\Word{title}}
	muh
\stopmyenum
\stoptext

with MkIV 201200221 14:02 to no avail (it seems that there is no key "titlestyle", but I tried). I still get "title" without capitalization. If I use style={\setcharactercasing[3]} or headstyle={\setcharactercasing[3]} then I get "Muh" or "Myenum", respectively, with capital "M" as expected but still "title".

Best regards,
Stefan