On 2012-03-22 11:38, Mojca Miklavec wrote: > On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 03:01, Kip Warner wrote: > > On Tue, 2012-03-20 at 18:22 -0400, Aditya Mahajan wrote: > >> Anything else will leave to undersirable behaviour (or segfaults :) ) As I > >> had said in one of my earlier emails, this is the case for ALL context > >> macros that take both options and assignments. > > > > Fair enough. I got it to work now with, > > > > \startitemize[R,2*broad][start=11,before=\startlinecorrection,after= > > \stoplinecorrection] > > > > My only concern here is that, for something as incredibly fundamental > > and recurring in the world of ConTeXt, the caveats and distinctions to > > be made between options and assignments, that can and have taken down > > entire operating systems, or cause hour after hour of no end of vague > > syntactical errors, or even successful compilations with the wrong > > effects, shouldn't that probably have been mentioned at least once, even > > if only in passing, somewhere within the 369 page user manual? The word > > "assignment" I couldn't locate once. You’re right, it can cause confusion to people migrating from Latex where package options, afair, allows mixed key-value/list syntax (like e.g. Lua does as well). Random example from the KOMA-Script manual: \documentclass[BCOR=12mm,DIV=calc,twoside]{scrartcl} ^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^ assignment … switch Therefore the difference to Context deserves mention at least somewhere in which said migrators are most likely to consult first. > - Maybe it could be more explicit, but if you ever take a look at > documentation, for example > http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Command/setupitemgroup > you will notice that some brackets are depicted with [...,...] and > others with [...,...=...,...] And while we are handing out reading assignments (pun intended) here are two wiki links that provide background information: Perhaps it makes most sense to think of Comma Lists v. Assignment Lists in terms of the two different argument parsers being used to process them. Regards Philipp -- () ascii ribbon campaign - against html e-mail /\ www.asciiribbon.org - against proprietary attachments