On 2012-05-24 23:20, Mojca Miklavec wrote: > On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 11:09 PM, Philipp Gesang wrote: > > It’s > > harmless and was always there. Have a look at the list in > > “noprefs.c” to see that my locale en_US.utf8 isn’t there. > > I would say that the proper name *is* actually UTF-8, not "utf8". True, some rogue setting in my .xinitrc caused the lowercased setting, now that I removed it the Fontforge complaint is gone. Thanks for being that attentive. > > I don’t have clue as to why on earth it should default to latin1 > > My guess: because an arbitrary input is valid latin1, but not > necessary valid UTF-8. True, although I don’t think there’s many systems left still running a latin1 locale. Good night Philipp -- () ascii ribbon campaign - against html e-mail /\ www.asciiribbon.org - against proprietary attachments