* Citations in a frontmatter fail when placed in a component
@ 2012-05-19 20:03 Marco
From: Marco @ 2012-05-19 20:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi,

When a \cite command is placed in a frontmatter or bodymatter it
prints [[error 2]] as citation and no bibliography is created. This
only occurs when the \cite command is called from another component.
\cite calls from within the same file work, even inside a
frontmatter.

Example:

% file product.tex
\startproduct product

\startpublication[k=me,
  t=manual,
  a=Hoekwater,
  y=2006,
  s=TH2006,
  n=1,
  u=http://contextgarden.net/Bibliography]
  \author{Taco}[T.]{}{Hoekwater}
  \title{\CONTEXT\ Publication Module, The user documententation}
  \pubyear{2006}
  \note{In case you didn’t know: it’s the document you are reading now}
  \pages{14}
\stoppublication

% comment out the frontmatter and it works
\startfrontmatter
  \component component

  % this one works
	% \cite[me]
\stopfrontmatter

\placepublications [criterium=text]

\stopproduct

% file component.tex
\startcomponent component
  cite: \cite[me]
\stopcomponent

Marco

* Re: Citations in a frontmatter fail when placed in a component
@ 2012-05-20 14:39 ` Marco
From: Marco @ 2012-05-20 14:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Some additional info:

It works with beta 2011.09.27 20:05 and fails with
beta 2011.10.01 10:48. That was the beta where the project code was
rewritten. That broke the citation mechanism, I guess.

@ 2012-05-24  8:24   ` Marco
From: Marco @ 2012-05-24  8:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 2012-05-20 Marco <netuse@lavabit.com> wrote:

> It works with beta 2011.09.27 20:05 and fails with
> beta 2011.10.01 10:48.

Still failing with a current 2012.05.24 09:57

@ 2012-05-24  8:36     ` Tim Steenvoorden
From: Tim Steenvoorden @ 2012-05-24  8:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Also doesn't work with sections between \cite and \placepublications.
When specifying alternatives like "apa" you get no publicationlist and
with "ams" even "[[error 2]]"'s with \cite. You can play a little bit
with the example in the attachment.

It would be nice to have a working version in TeXLive 2012. I would be
glad to help with any of these problems, but my LuaTeX knowledge is
very low I'm afraid.

Cheers,
Tim

2012/5/24 Marco <netuse@lavabit.com>:
> On 2012-05-20 Marco <netuse@lavabit.com> wrote:
>
>> It works with beta 2011.09.27 20:05 and fails with
>> beta 2011.10.01 10:48.
>
> Still failing with a current 2012.05.24 09:57
>
> Marco

[-- Attachment #2: bib.tex --]

[-- Attachment #3: sample.bib --]

@STRING{hh = {Hans Hagen}}

@ARTICLE{hh2010a,
  author = hh,
  title = {The Font Name Mess},
  journal = {MAPS},
  year = {2010},
  volume = {40},
  pages = {2-8},
  keywords = {context},
}

@ARTICLE{hh2010b,
  author = hh,
  title = {Grouping in Hybrid Environments},
  journal = {MAPS},
  year = {2010},
  volume = {40},
  pages = {67-71},
  keywords = {context},
}

@BOOK{Eijkhout1991,
  title = {\TeX\ by Topic. A \TeX nician's Reference},
  publisher = {Addison-Wesley},
  year = {1991},
  author = {Victor Eijkhout},
  address = {London},
  keywords = {general},
}

* Re: Citations in a frontmatter fail when placed in a component
@ 2012-05-24 11:43       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2012-05-24 11:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 24-5-2012 10:36, Tim Steenvoorden wrote:
> Also doesn't work with sections between \cite and \placepublications.
> When specifying alternatives like "apa" you get no publicationlist and
> with "ams" even "[[error 2]]"'s with \cite. You can play a little bit
> with the example in the attachment.
>
> It would be nice to have a working version in TeXLive 2012. I would be
> glad to help with any of these problems, but my LuaTeX knowledge is
> very low I'm afraid.

You can check the next beta.

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2012-05-25 10:23         ` Marco