* bibtex sample file and possible bibtex bug
@ 2012-05-27 18:39 Andy Thomas
From: Andy Thomas @ 2012-05-27 18:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello,

while looking to include a citation in a sample document, I was wondering if the 'sample.bib' in 'standalone/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/bib/sample.bib' can be used the same way as e.g. '\input tufte', but I could not make it work.

example document:

\setupbibtex[database=sample,sort=author]
\setuppublications[alternative=apa]

\starttext
document.\cite[Eijkhout1991]
\placepublications[criterium=all]
\stoptext

Also note that the 'alternative=apa' line leads to 'publications    > warning: unknown cite argument Eijkhout1991 on line \the\inputlineno' instead of the actual number.

Andy

* Re: bibtex sample file and possible bibtex bug
@ 2012-05-30 14:17 ` Andy Thomas
From: Andy Thomas @ 2012-05-30 14:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I apologize to bumb my own post, but does anyone know, where to put sample.bib? Or did the default search path for bibtex change? The basic example on http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Bibliography_mkiv does not work as well, because of the same reason. I would then try to update the wiki.

Thanks,
Andy

@ 2012-05-30 14:24   ` Pontus Lurcock
From: Pontus Lurcock @ 2012-05-30 14:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On Wed 30 May 2012, Andy Thomas wrote:

> I apologize to bumb my own post, but does anyone know, where to put
> sample.bib? Or did the default search path for bibtex change? The
> basic example on http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Bibliography_mkiv
> does not work as well, because of the same reason. I would then try
> to update the wiki.

I'm fairly sure that at some point sample.bib was automatically found
in its default place in the ConTeXt tree. I noticed last year that it
had stopped working (see
http://archive.contextgarden.net/message/20110922.215858.812822eb.en.html
) but I'm not sure if this is a bug or a deliberate change. The only
way I know of to include it reliable is to copy it to the same
directory as the document source.

Pont