* making my own simpleslides module
@ 2012-07-19 14:27 dalyoung
From: dalyoung @ 2012-07-19 14:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Dear Thomas,

I tested making my simpleslides module "SsuWave" by modifying "simpleslides-s-Rounded.tex"

(1) I just replaced MP figures for horizontal and title with some figures as follows for test :

\defineoverlay
[simpleslides:background:horizontal]
% [\useMPgraphic{simpleslides:MP:horizontal}]
[\externalfigure[/Users/graph/Documents/figures/background/ssuwave1][]]

\defineoverlay
[simpleslides:background:title]
% [\useMPgraphic{simpleslides:MP:title}]
[\externalfigure[/Users/graph/Documents/figures/background/ssuwave][]]

But it does not work. I got error as follows:

! Argument of \douseexternalfigure has an extra }.

22 \stopitemize
23
24 >> \SlideTitle{벡터의 연산 }
25

<inserted text>
\par
<to be read again>
}
\pack_layers_set ...group \edef \currentlayer {#1}
\edef \p_pack_layers_state...
<to be read again>
{
\61>simpleslides:background:horizontal ...uwave1]{
\executedefinedoverlay {si...
\pack_framed_process_background_indeed_external ...
\else \kern -\framedbackgr...

(2) In the log file, I checked that it was read during the process.

mkiv lua stats > loaded tex modules - 6 requested, 6 found (*-animation *-simpleslides *-simpleslides-s-SsuWave *-units simpleslides-f-default simpleslides-s-default), 0 missing

I think that it needs more job to do this.
Would you please tell me any ideas?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Dalyoung

* Re: making my own simpleslides module
@ 2012-07-19 14:36 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2012-07-19 14:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 19.07.2012 um 16:27 schrieb dalyoung:

> Dear Thomas,
>
> I tested making my simpleslides module "SsuWave" by modifying "simpleslides-s-Rounded.tex"
>
> (1) I just replaced MP figures for horizontal and title with some figures as follows for test :
>
> \defineoverlay
> [simpleslides:background:horizontal]
> % [\useMPgraphic{simpleslides:MP:horizontal}]
> [\externalfigure[/Users/graph/Documents/figures/background/ssuwave1][]]
>
> \defineoverlay
> [simpleslides:background:title]
> % [\useMPgraphic{simpleslides:MP:title}]
> [\externalfigure[/Users/graph/Documents/figures/background/ssuwave][]]

You need braces around \externalfigure

  \defineoverlay[…][{\externalfigure[…]}]

and the second argument is optional and can be omitted.

Wolfgang

* Re: making my own simpleslides module
@ 2012-07-19 14:39 ` Marco
From: Marco @ 2012-07-19 14:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 2012-07-19 dalyoung <haksan@me.com> wrote:

Hi Thomas

> But it does not work. I got error as follows:
>
> ! Argument of \douseexternalfigure has an extra }.

You cannot simply nest argument with brackets (as opposed to braced
arguments). You need to put the inner command in a pair of extra
braces:

\defineoverlay
  [simpleslides:background:horizontal]
  [{\externalfigure[/Users/graph/Documents/figures/background/ssuwave1][]}]

And I would advice to have a look at the directory key of
\setupexternalfigures. It is almost always a mistake to have a hard
coded path in the code.

Marco

* Re: making my own simpleslides module
@ 2012-07-19 15:19 dalyoung
From: dalyoung @ 2012-07-19 15:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Dear Woldgang and Marco,

Thank you for your correction.

It works after bracing the \externalfigure command.
Now, I have to modify the numbers of header, footer, etc to make my style.

I also change the order of  "\setupexternalfigure[directory=...]" and "\usemodule[simpleslides]..." to apply the relational position.

Now, I don't have to keep two mode "my own" and "simple slides". Instead, I just use "simpleslides-s-myown".

Thank you again.

Best regards,

Dalyoung