On 2012-07-24 Hans Hagen wrote: > I've added two column state variables to mp: > > \startuseMPgraphic{verticalline} > if CurrentColumn < NOfColumns : > draw rightboundary OverlayBox shifted (2.5mm,0) ; > setbounds currentpicture to OverlayBox enlarged 2.5mm; > fi ; > \stopuseMPgraphic Thanks Hans for this quick solution. I like the new approach, no fiddling with test backgrounds. However, the old mechanism did not draw the rule through where the graphics are inserted. I don't know why, but that was exactly what I needed. The new mechanism draws a rule regardless of the presence of a graphic. See the attached examples. With the dummy pictures it looks quite okay with the line drawn through. But in the document several graphics already have a frame, which then visually interferes with the column separator rule. Is there a way to get the old behaviour? Marco