* running context mcommon.tex
@ 2012-08-15 14:35 john Culleton
From: john Culleton @ 2012-08-15 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Downloaded and installed context  minimal in  my user
directory. Ran setuptex
  mktexlsr
 texexec --make --alone
and so on. Now I want to process the
manual mcommon.tex. I tried context mcommon.tex. I got lots of
messages but no pdf file. In the same directory I ran
context mreadme.tex and that processed ok.

Do I need some special parameter for mcommmon.tex? I tried some
--mode parameters but none seemed to help. I also have a texlive
install but I thought setuptex took care of that.

--
John Culleton
Free list of books for self-publishers:

* Re: running context mcommon.tex
@ 2012-08-19 19:51 ` Sietse Brouwer
From: Sietse Brouwer @ 2012-08-19 19:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi John,

mcommon.tex is an environment file used by mreadme.tex. (If you look
inside mcommon.tex, you'll see it starts with \startenvironment) This
is why it produces no pages of output. For more on environment files,
see

http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Command/startenvironment
http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Project_structure
and the reference manual