* chart module \connection[cc]
@ 2012-11-11 20:09 Alan BRASLAU
From: Alan BRASLAU @ 2012-11-11 20:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

Once again, let me say that the chart module is great!

In the following example 3 columns x 2 rows, I connect the cell {3,2}
with the cell {2,1}. In the absence of the cell {2,2}, the arrow nicely
goes through the center of this blank space.

\usemodule [chart]

\setupFLOWcharts [nx=3,ny=2,
                  dx=2\bodyfontsize,dy=2\bodyfontsize,
                  width=7\bodyfontsize,height=7\bodyfontsize,
                  maxwidth=\textwidth]

\starttext

\startFLOWchart [minimal]
    \startFLOWcell
        \name     {11}
        \location {1,1}
        \text     {1,1}
        \connection [rl] {21}
    \stopFLOWcell
    \startFLOWcell
        \name     {21}
        \location {2,1}
        \text     {2,1}
        \connection [rl] {31}
    \stopFLOWcell
    \startFLOWcell
        \name     {31}
        \location {3,1}
        \text     {3,1}
        \connection [bt] {32}
    \stopFLOWcell
%    \startFLOWcell
%        \name     {22}
%        \location {2,2}
%        \text     {2,2}
%    \stopFLOWcell
    \startFLOWcell
        \name     {32}
        \location {3,2}
        \text     {3,2}
        \connection [lb] {21}
    \stopFLOWcell
\stopFLOWchart

\FLOWchart [minimal]

\stoptext

Question (or perhaps feature request),
it would be nice to be able to connect the cells {3,2} and {2,1}
using a diagonal arrow, running directly from the center of one cell
to the center of the other, of course ending at the intersections
with the cell shapes outlines. Is this possible?

A decent syntax could be
        \connection [cc] {21}

This syntax could also nicely work for the other connections,
without having to specify "l" or "r" or "t" or "b".
Thus,
        \connection [rl] {21}
for the cell {1,1} could be replaced by
        \connection [cc] {21}
yielding the same result.

I can figure out how to do this in metapost, but I have not
looked into the chart module code.

Alan

only message in thread, other threads:[~2012-11-11 20:09 UTC | newest]