2012-11-26 Sietse Brouwer: > Since I don't use MetaPost, I don't think I'm the best person to > document this. But I took this as an opportunity to create the command > reference pages for a bunch of the \...MP... commands; perhaps one of > you could add this info to the proper page(s)? Thanks. I added some info about the change mentioned in this thread. > Also: a question about > \startuseMPgraphic and > \startuniqueMPgraphic. > Both are supposed to be recompiled at every usage, so how are they > different? Actually trying it out suggests that useMPgraphic is the > only one of the two that re-evaluates its code every time; compare the > examples at AFAIK useMPgraphic is always recalculated, reusableMPgraphic never is. uniqueMPgraphic takes the size into account and recalculates if the graphic dimensions change. If I recall correctly this is mentioned somewhere in the MetaFun manual. But I agree, all these commands for including MP graphics are confusing, given the fact that one can survive pretty well with only useMPgraphic. I attached a small example to show the difference. Marco