On 2013–01–13 Malte Stien wrote: > The trouble is that the page number is only a few millimetres wide > and gets positioned on the inside edge of my outside margin. > Hence, it does not end up close enough to the edge of the page. I > guess, I would like to right-align it 4mm from the edge of a > right-hand page and left-align it by the same amount from the edge > of a left-hand page. Is that doable? You can use the `command` key to hook in a custom macro which does the placement. \setuppagenumbering [alternative=doublesided, location={header, margin}, style=bold, command=\PageNumberCommand] \starttexdefinition PageNumberCommand #pageno \signalrightpage \doifrightpageelse {\rightaligned{#pageno}} {\leftaligned{#pageno}} \stoptexdefinition Marco