········· > On 20 Jan 2013, at 12:57, Philipp Gesang wrote: > > > Hi Gerben, > > > > ········· > > > >> how do I get the filename (full path not needed) in the footer > >> of my document? I want it there while writing the book and remove > >> it in the final stages. I am using MKII (TeXLive 2011 still) > > > > if the name of the main file suffices, then the TeX command > > \jobname is what you are looking for. > > Thanks but that is not the one. Because I use the standard project setup, and the job is always to typeset the file prd_book.tex, but I want the chapter file names (e.g. "chapter1.tex") in the footer. > > So, prd_book contains: > > \startbodymatter > \component chapter1 > \component chapter2 > \component chapter3 > \stopbodymatter > > And I want "chapter1.tex" (maybe full path) in the footer. If the component identifier matches the file name (e.g. if you use the asterisk instead of a name), you can use \currentcomponent. So the main file foo.tex would look like: \setuppagenumbering[location=] %% footer: main file->component file \setupfootertexts[pagenumber][{\jobname->\currentcomponent}] \startproduct * \input ward \page \component bar \stopproduct And bar.tex: \startcomponent * \input knuth \page \stopcomponent Hth Philipp -- () ascii ribbon campaign - against html e-mail /\ www.asciiribbon.org - against proprietary attachments