* Enable comments/highlighting in the output PDF
@ 2013-01-22 18:11 Devendra Ghate
From: Devendra Ghate @ 2013-01-22 18:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello everyone,

I would like to create an output PDF file on which comments can be added
by a reader for feedback.
I do not know the settings to be applied in context to enable
comments/highlighting of a section etc.
in the generated PDF file.

I am using free Adobe reader 9 on ubuntu presently. I have checked that
adding comments works
in this adobe reader for PDF files that have this enabled.

Regards,
Devendra

* Re: Enable comments/highlighting in the output PDF
@ 2013-01-22 18:15 ` Martin Schröder
From: Martin Schröder @ 2013-01-22 18:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

2013/1/22 Devendra Ghate <devendra.ghate@gmail.com>:
> I would like to create an output PDF file on which comments can be added by
> a reader for feedback.

Use Adobe Acrobat and add that option to the PDF.

Best
   Martin

* Re: Enable comments/highlighting in the output PDF
@ 2013-01-22 18:52   ` Devendra Ghate
From: Devendra Ghate @ 2013-01-22 18:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 01/22/2013 11:45 PM, Martin Schröder wrote:
> 2013/1/22 Devendra Ghate <devendra.ghate@gmail.com>:
>> I would like to create an output PDF file on which comments can be added by
>> a reader for feedback.
> Use Adobe Acrobat and add that option to the PDF.
>
> Best
>     Martin
> _
Dear Martin,

Thank you for the pointer. Adobe Reader 9 (which is the latest version
available for linux) does
not allow this. However, Adobe Reader X (on windows) allowed comments
and mark up
straight away as no security settings are added while generation of the
file.

@ 2013-01-22 19:14     ` Marco Patzer
From: Marco Patzer @ 2013-01-22 19:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context