On 2013–01–25 Alain Delmotte wrote: > I decided to give another try to ConTeXt. > I already did two years ago, I think, but I had problems mostly > because of the lack of documentation for MkIV. Welcome back! > I did not succeed to install a stand alone version. It should be as easy as running first-setup followed by setting the PATH. Explain exactly what you have tried and what failed, then we can help. > I have also TeX Live and I need it for LaTeX. No problem. ConTeXt does not interfere with other TeX installations. > Following the discussions on ntg-context, there often is solution > using one of hte latest version of ConTeXt, so I have a first > question: Correct. > is it possible to update the TeX Live ConTeXt and its > associated files? I don't use TeX Live myself, so I cannot help you directly. But there is a repository called “tlcontrib” with more recent packages. My suggestion is to focus on getting the standalone version working. You will receive the most recent bug fixes and it does not interfere with your LaTeX. Marco