On 2013–02–05 Jaroslav Hajtmar wrote: > I would like use modes alternative to change of image dimensions in > different documents (presentation or print version). > Compilation in ConTeXt TeXLive 2012 version will compile without > error, but without visual effect. Compilation with the standalone > version fails. What is problem or eventually. how to solve my > problem another way. How about this: %% \enablemode %% [presentation] \defineexternalfigure [narrow] [width=2cm] \defineexternalfigure [wide] [width=7cm] \doifmodeelse{presentation} {\useexternalfigure[COW][cow][narrow][height=3cm]} {\useexternalfigure[COW][cow][wide] [height=3cm]} \starttext \input tufte \startplacefigure [title=Caption, reference=cowref] \externalfigure [COW] \stopplacefigure \input tufte \stoptext Marco