On 2013–02–14 Marco Patzer wrote: > Now I can use “n” in all MP instances (unless switched off for the > particular instance). I'd like to define some variables only visible > in instance “foo”. Something like > > \startMPinitializations [foo] > numeric n; n=4cm; > \stopMPinitializations What I was looking for was (it's even mentioned in the manual): \startMPdefinitions{foo} … \stopMPdefinitions That means we have: - MPdefinitions (for instance-local definitions) - MPinclusions (global definitions) - MPinitializations (global definitions, can be disabled for an MP instance) - MPextensions (???, seems to be the same as MPinitializations) And all four include code for use within MP graphics. That really is confusing! > Maybe I'm missing the obvious here. Yes, I did :) Marco