On 2013–02–19 Troy Henderson wrote: > I would like to convert my ConTeXt document to both PDF and "plain" HTML. My suggestion: Use markdown (or reST) with pandoc. > I need plain HTML output (i.e., not XML or XHTML) because my institution's > web based management software allows me to copy/paste plain HTML snippets > but not XML or XHTML. ConTeXt does output XML, not XHTML. You would need to do the XML → XHTML conversion yourself. > Is it possible for ConTeXt to output HTML so that the result looks > as close to the PDF output as possible? \startnitpicking HTML does not look like anything. It's a markup language that simply states that *this* element is a header and *that* element is a list, etc. How the HTML is rendered is mostly controlled by the CSS. \stopnitpicking Within the limits of CSS you obtain a quite close match¹. But it's up to you to create the matching CSS. Marco ¹ http://tex.stackexchange.com/a/55945/5245