On 2013–03–17 Jonathan Barchi wrote: > Just curious, does this repo stay up to date the the "official" > updates from garden? I assume that's the goal of the repo, but there is no guarantee that it does. > I've been using (basically) the scripts suggested on the "minimals" > wiki page to update when new betas are released, but it would be great > to be able to this with git instead. The minimals (or Standalone distribution) contain more than just that repository. Among other things it provides the binaries, an update mechanism, fonts, third-party modules and MetaPost modules. Check your context directory, the repo provides the contents of texmf-context. Sure, you can take a current Standalone distribution and replace the shipped texmf-context with the git repo (which is very handy for testing and bisecting BTW) but it's not usable for production and will break after a while. If the other files (especially LuaTeX and 3rd party modules) get out of sync you'll run into errors no one else can reproduce. Marco