* \setupheadertexts [section]
@ 2013-03-26 10:37 Alan BRASLAU
From: Alan BRASLAU @ 2013-03-26 10:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

\setupheadertexts [chapter]

will center the current chapter title (or abbreviated version using
marking=) in the running page headers.

However, how can one also put unnumbered chapter-level titles
(\starttitle\stoptitle) in the running headers?

\setupheadertexts [chapter,title]
seems natural but does not work.

Also, what seems to be a bug, the running text does *not* get reset to
empty upon leaving the chapter. Below is a minimal illustration
(nonworking as it is incomplete, only a snippet)

\setupheadertexts [chapter]

\starttext

\startpart % lets have some structure...

Some introductory text...

\startchapter [title=Getting started]

Some text...

\stopchapter

\page [yes]

Some trailing remarks...
% the header here still contains "Getting started"

\stoppart

\stoptext

Alan

* Re: \setupheadertexts [section]
@ 2013-03-26 11:00 ` Otared Kavian
From: Otared Kavian @ 2013-03-26 11:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Alan,

I think the reason is that ConTeXt expects any text to be part of a certain structure as in
	Chapter > Section > Subsection
and therefore what you add after your chapter, that is

> \page [yes]
>
> Some trailing remarks…

should be part of a new chapter (or maybe an unnumbered chapter).

Best regards: OK

@ 2013-03-26 11:50   ` Alan BRASLAU
From: Alan BRASLAU @ 2013-03-26 11:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 26 Mar 2013 12:00:49 +0100
Otared Kavian <otared@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think the reason is that ConTeXt expects any text to be part of a
> certain structure as in Chapter > Section > Subsection
> and therefore what you add after your chapter, that is
>
> > \page [yes]
> >
> > Some trailing remarks…
>
> should be part of a new chapter (or maybe an unnumbered chapter).
>
> Best regards: OK

It is part of a certain structure: part...
No logic should require chapter or lower structure. After all, what is
the point of \stopchapter in that case?
The same can occur within a chapter, when one "leaves" a section.
One should just go back up one level, as is the case for the
"introductory remarks".

Also, I tried putting a unnumbered chapter
(\starttitle\stoptitle). Indeed, this corresponds to the first part of
my question concering \setupheadertexts [chapter,title].

I supposed that one can try to cheat:
\startchapter [title=,placehead=no,incrementnumber=no,...]
but this is not very elegant.

--
Alan Braslau
CEA DSM-IRAMIS-SPEC