········· > On 3/29/2013 4:29 PM, Philipp Gesang wrote: > >I just read that in the manual: > > > > Note that at the moment, each access to the font.fonts or call > > to font.getfont creates a lua table for the whole font. This > > process can be quite slow. In a later version of LuaTEX, this > > interface will change (it will start using userdata objects > > instead of actual tables). > > even then it's of not much use for context as we have more data and > keep that data at the lua end so font.getfont has no benefits then For my purpose the benefit is that I can access some info about the font with the same code in all three formats. > >Compared to Plain, Context adds a lot to the “.parameters” table. > >Sadly, writing to it doesn’t appear to change anything … > > well, why would you .. the font is already passed to tex and you > cannot change that frozen state (imagine: what would a change in > width of a char mean halfway? it woul dnot work well with the > backend) ... what would you like to change? That wasn’t 100% serious. Just me experimenting. Best Philipp -- () ascii ribbon campaign - against html e-mail /\ www.asciiribbon.org - against proprietary attachments